Buying My Future Snacks

The sun was setting, and I didn't really want to get up yet. The bed was nice and soft, the blankets were warm and cozy, and I just didn't want to. But I suppose the sooner I get up, the sooner what I want to do gets done.

Reluctantly, I slid out of bed and put my clothes on. I glanced at Zenobia, who was cultivating across the room on the floor. I missed Elaria.

I'm going out today, maybe I should leave her here, it's not like she's helpful. Yes, she should stay since she doesn't do anything useful.

I left the room through the door, headed down the stairs, and out of the nice hotel I was staying at. I think I need to go to the place I bought the crystals yesterday. But first, I want some coffee.

I stopped at a little cafe on the street and ordered a cup—no milk, no cream, no sugar, just coffee. I snorted when I remembered how my sister made hers, milk, cream, and syrup with a little coffee.

They didn't have any sort of to-go cups. I thought it would be a nice addition to their establishment, so I explained the concept to the lady running the counter. After a minute, her eyes lit up with dollar signs, as expected of the owner's wife. I didn't even have to pay for my drink.

I sat at the table and watched the people as they hurried along. Kids played in the streets, some with sticks for swords, others playing some sort of ball game. It made me feel pretty normal, not at all like some ancient, multiverse-traveling, world-eating, soon-to-be-all-powerful being.

After finishing, it was now time to buy my future snacks. I set my cup on the counter for return and headed towards the main building for the market. I pushed open the doors and headed towards the left wing where my divine sense told me the slaves were. They were separated by gender, and it appears as though they would never see each other.

All the staff in the slave area were females, and of course, vampires. I supposed this was because some of the slaves would be naked when not on display, such as when bathing or changing. Vampires liked it as much as humans not to have certain eyes looking at what they owned without their permission, even if it was before they owned it.

I pushed open the doors to that section and was immediately greeted by a lady wearing the market's uniform, "Welcome, Sir, may I help you find anything?"

There are 4 main types of slaves: Labor, who are usually males due to their strength; General purpose, usually females with decent looks and decent blood who are mostly used when traveling if on a budget due to them performing all tasks without bringing more along; Sex, well this one is pretty obvious and is the most dangerous due to how vampires usually play rough; And finally blood, usually females who are sometimes referred to as blood girls, this is the safest type to be due to their owner usually buying the most expensive one they can afford, hence they are well taken care of.

"Show me the best you have, don't worry about money." I held out a bag containing about 1500 platinum coins for proof while glancing around.

She looked delighted; I supposed her commission would be quite good. "Please follow me, Sir."

Contrary to what one might think, the place and slaves were extremely clean and tidy, the air was fresh, and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxed.

I followed her past several hundred slaves for sale, straight to a room in the back that had 2 guards stationed in front of it. Seeing who it was, they didn't try to stop us.

The lady gave 2 quick knocks on the door before opening it. Since I could see inside, I saw the knocks were a signal for the slaves inside to stand from their chairs while another vampire zipped by and picked up the chairs, making the room presentable.