Preparing my Product for Sale

I finally decided we had to get going; it was almost dark and would be by the time we reached the city now that we'd delayed so much.

I stood up and tapped Elaria, who had sat down but was still examining things closely, on the shoulder.

I motioned to the figure of Lila lying sprawled on the grass, "Get her dressed and ready to go."

"Yes, Master."

I walked through the one-way barrier and dispelled the one keeping my new product from fleeing.

They were lying side by side; the guy looked happy but resigned to his fate while Karen looked lifeless, just staring off into space.

I touched the guy's forehead and confirmed that the method did indeed work.

"I still have to test one more thing."

I wasn't 100% sure a vegetable peeler would actually peel a person's skin, and if it couldn't, how could I ever make good on my threat?

I picked up his hand and pulled out the peeler, placing it on his arm.

He started screaming in terror, "No! No! NO! NO!"

I dragged the peeler towards me, pressing firmly, and found it actually did peel off a strip of flesh.

Rivulets of blood ran down his arm as he screamed. Since a peeler worked, I saw no reason to keep him alive and beheaded him with a wind blade.

I turned to Karen, who had come back from the dead due to the screaming and looked at me in horror.

I held up the peeler. "Do you want to try?"

She shook her head so hard it seemed her eyes might get flung out.

"Are you going to do as I say?"

She nodded vigorously.

"Promise."

Her voice sounded hoarse, "I swear to mana to do whatever you tell me to."

I wasn't sure it would work since a person can't be forced into making a mana oath, however, it seemed to work and must not consider this forcing her. Maybe because she wanted to harm or kill me before, and mana considered this her punishment?

"Get up, get dressed, and follow me."

She immediately did as I said, and I walked over to Elaria and the now dressed and standing Lila.

"Alright, let's go now."

We left for the city again and arrived at our apartment about an hour later.

I pointed to a corner of the living room and looked at Karen, "Stay in the corner until I say differently."

The rest of us went to our rooms for the night.

---

I stopped cultivating when the sun shone through the window and got up. Lila was still sleeping when I left the room, but Elaria was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

Karen was still in the corner, and I knew she'd have to eat, and I should have her bathe before presenting her at my meeting with Herbert.

"Come eat, then take a bath quickly."

I turned to Elaria, "Take care of Lila when I'm at the tower."

"Yes, Master."

Soon Karen was done eating and bathing. I had prepared an outfit that clung tightly to her curves and had a cut out in the proper place so it wouldn't have to be removed when people tested her. It didn't go over her shoulders or arms and could easily be pulled down a bit if one wanted.