Preparing to Leave

I sat in my office pondering the events of the last week since Lila massacred the palace.

Kitty gave me the dual-cultivation type manual for increasing circles that she promised me when we got revenge for Lila.

I kind of took that as her approving of Lila and I've begun to wonder if the places she puts me aren't random like she says, and maybe she's playing matchmaker.

First, she put me in a place where the nearest city would have a sect where I'd meet Luna, then she literally put me in the same room as Lila.

I guess I'll find out later, maybe in the next sphere.

The city returned to normal and was even better than before.

Lila reduced taxes to a fraction of what they were and it became better to just pay them and shop normally rather than set up black markets.

The taxes for imports on goods into the country were raised slightly, not to an unreasonable level, but to one that would encourage production in the country as it's enough cheaper. This would grow the economy in the country.

Overall, the common people weren't affected much other than not having to pay as much for goods.

Other countries sent gifts to welcome the new queen, some of them couldn't care less about a change in leadership, but of course some were having the people delivering the gifts spying on how weak the country was.

Since the military is currently weak, one might try to attack, but if they do Lila will just call me, and we won't mind crushing them to set an example.

Elaria, Nyla, and I have been teleporting back and forth to Ironspire while Alexis stayed with Lila.

News didn't take long to reach the rest of the world about Beastholm's lost princess; it was a hot topic for a few days before people forgot about it.

Elaria takes care of Youth Retaining magic then when she's done works on helping Nyla with cultivation, magic, and I've had her teach the first chapter in my swordsmanship book to her; she's quite smart and learns quickly.

I started having Elaria give some of the mana stones we make to Lila since I have more than enough to take us to the peak of this world; she needs some to run the government properly since Fredrick ran it to broke.

I couldn't really think of anything else to do in this world; I know I want to visit Alfheim and get their magic books and spells; elves are the best at magic, so naturally, they have the best spells.

I decided it was time to increase my cultivation to the peak, then start gathering enough energy to devour the world and move on.

I took out a pile of mana storage and closed my eyes when the door opened, I opened them again and saw Elaria and Nyla standing there like they thought they did something.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry for disturbing you Master."

"Don't worry, you didn't."

Her face relaxed a little.

"Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

"Nyla has reached Core Formation and the first stage in swordsmanship. She is also now a 9th circle mage. I've collected the income from the brothel and added it to your storage bag with your money, I currently have no idea how much is in it, and Mrs. Lila said she has plenty; would you like me to count it?"

I waved my hand dismissively, "No need. I was about to go to the next realm myself; now that you're here, let's go back to the palace and all do it together."