Sculpting Peaks and a Pocket World

After over two days of running, it was night again, and I could tell Luna was exhausted; I assume it wasn't exactly a pleasant ride. I set her down and helped support her as she regained her footing after so long.

"How about we stop here for the night," I said.

She nodded.

"So, they're dead now. What do you think you want to do?" I asked. I plan to ask if she wants to come with me unless she says outright she's going somewhere else.

She looked at me, blinked a few times, then started laughing and suddenly hugged me, gave me a quick kiss, and shouted, "They're dead!" She continued laughing; I was shocked but I guess it's just sinking in now that I said something. Then she started crying, balling her eyes out, her crying and laughing at the same time resulted in hiccups.

"Sist- *hiccup* -er they're- *hiccup* dead," she said between hiccups and sobs. Sounds like a story I'll have to get later. After a while, she fell asleep, and I sat down, leaning against a tree, placing her on the ground with her head in my lap for a pillow.

---

I knew she woke up when she started rubbing her eyes with her fists. I heard her stomach growl, so I bought some rice and steak from the store for her to eat. When she opened her eyes and looked up at me, her face turned red.

I tapped her on the nose. "If you look at me like that, I'll start teasing you, or you can eat some of this delicious food."

At the mention of food, she bolted up and grabbed it, looking starry-eyed at the rice and steak, then immediately shoveling it down. I just had to smile as I waited for her to finish. In no time flat, the plate was empty. I took it back and devoured it; she watched it disappear, and I could tell she wanted the answer to the question she asked two months ago about me making and unmaking stuff.

"Okay, I'll explain. All things are composed of energy. I can break down everything into its base energy and also make somethings using it. And no, it's impossible to teach others to do it."

She thought about it for a bit but then shook her head. "I'll think about it later."

I then decided it would be a good time to ask if she would come with me. "Would you like to come with me? I don't know where we would go next, but I'd be happy if you came along."

She looked to the side and nodded.

I stood up and offered my hand to help her up, which she accepted.

"Alright, we should probably get going again. Should I carry you, or no? I think we are far away enough now to be fine either way."

"I'll go by myself."

She started walking but in the direction of the sect. I grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"Not that way," I pointed in the opposite direction, "that way."

After a little bit, I asked, "Last night, is there a story to another reason why you wanted them dead?"

She nodded and looked sad. "I had an older sister; they tried to do the same thing to her."

I nodded, I understood. She didn't have to say more.

---

After walking for about two weeks, we made it out of the forest on the other side. We decided to go west from there since there seemed to be some mountains in that direction that we could live in for a while.

It took about a week to reach the mountains, and when we reached there, I used my devour skill to clear out a living space in the base. It was pretty hidden from the outside and just looked like a small opening; you couldn't see inside because of how I'd designed it to go back and forth a few times before reaching the main area.