Paper Rain

I gave a large stack to each of the girls and took one myself, then explained my plan to them.

I also had us all cast an illusion on ourselves so we couldn't be identified when people from the palace started asking questions.

We flew off the balcony and headed in separate directions, scanning the streets for any homeless kids that we could pay for distribution.

I found a group in a run-down part of the city who appeared to be playing duck duck go and dropped down next to them. They immediately startled and ran.

"Hey, wait! I want to hire you guys to hand out papers!"

One of them slowed down, but the rest kept running. She turned around but didn't come closer, "What do you want exactly?"

I felt her gaze scrutinizing me, trying to see if I was lying.

She was a catgirl with black fur and dark grey hair. She looked to be about 15 and pretty even while dirty. She must have good instincts since she's not in a slave market yet. Though with only staying that far away, I don't think she has any idea how fast people can be or how she could be caught with magic.

I held up the stack of papers, "I want to hire you to hand out these papers to anyone and everyone. They are a story that people can read."

She still looked suspicious, "You were flying. Why not just drop them from the sky if you want everyone to have them?"

I realized that she had a point, "I should just do that, shouldn't I? Thanks for the suggestion."

I pulled out a gold coin and used magic to send it over to her before contacting the girls and explaining the new plan.

I was about to fly when she called from behind me, "Thank you! If you need something else, come find me!"

I glanced back and thought about it. I could use someone that has good senses for danger and train them to protect Luna and Lila, or whoever I please—a sort of unseen bodyguard so it doesn't affect their fun time.

I could see with my divine sense about 100m, and I could use it to check talents from about 20m. The range can be improved with higher cultivation.

I used my divine sense to check her cultivation talent from a distance. As soon as I touched her, her eye twitched and her gaze turned just ever so slightly confused.

She didn't seem concerned about it, but a little curious, "What did you do?"

People shouldn't be able to notice a divine sense from someone much more powerful than they are.

"I checked your talent in something. It's good you can sense it; that's pretty much impossible."

Her talent was excellent in addition to sensing things she shouldn't be able to, she's worth keeping.

I had another question, "Why did you stop running when the rest kept going?"

"You didn't seem like you wanted to harm me."

I nodded, "Alright, would you like to come with me? I have something I'll teach you. I think you'd probably make a good bodyguard for my wife."

She seemed to recognize it could be an opportunity for her but was still hesitant and shook her head, "Please don't take offense sir, thank you for the offer, but I don't believe you for sure. I think I can, but I don't know for sure."

"What exactly are you worried about? Maybe I can make a man's oath to alleviate those worries?"

"A slave contract, since I was told they can be forced on me and I can never get away."