Killing Bandits and Reworking Elaria's Mana Veins

I looked at her and smiled; I wanted to tease her a little but realized she probably has some deep-seated worries about someone abandoning her, like I do, from our past before meeting.

I knew due to her father never seeing her, which would feel like rejecting and abandoning her, this would come up eventually. After all, sometimes I worry about whether they would leave me, so how couldn't someone who had it worse than me not.

Sometimes it's not the thoughts that you know might actually happen that eat away at your mind, but the ones you logically know won't happen that eat you away until you can't think of anything else.

I lifted her chin and tilted her head up, looking into her eyes and spoke seriously, "I won't leave you. You're one of my wives now; you're mine. Though she looks very beautiful, she can't come close to comparing with you. I want my house to keep getting bigger until it's a mansion or maybe a palace; I've always wanted to have a really big house. This does mean I need some maids to take care of it, and you and Luna could also each use at least one to help you with whatever. Only the best in the world can be my wives. She's only qualified as a maid."

She had a tear in the corner of her eye and wiped it away. I pulled her into a hug hoping to help ease all her worries.

"What about if we don't see each other for a long time, would you sleep with her then?" she asked.

I was a little surprised; from the sound of her voice, I wasn't sure if she wanted me to say yes or no, or if she even knew. She seemed to be thinking, if we didn't see each other for a while that I would replace her with some random girl to fulfill my desires, and that she wanted me to use a maid that she knew I thought wasn't as good as her so I wouldn't forget her. Complete nonsense as I'd never forget her and those aren't the only options, but I decided to not say either way and I would do what she wanted to make her happy.

"I already said she's only good enough to qualify as my maid, so whatever makes you happy."

She was silent for a moment before saying almost in a whisper, "T-then it's fine when we aren't around."

She quickly pulled away, returning to her usual self, drew her sword and charged through the barriers toward the bandit camp shouting, "I'll kill more than you!"

I was stunned for a second, thinking the answer would have been different, but I guess it's not necessarily bad for me since sometimes they could cultivate for hundreds or even thousands of years on their own, maybe even longer once they reach higher realms in higher-level worlds.

I ran down the hill after her with my sword intending to practice swordsmanship rather than magic this time since I hadn't had an opponent to use it on yet.

The bandits had noticed the barrier and were trying to break it. A group of little bandits trying to break a 5th level barrier, what a joke.

They saw us coming and readied their weapons to fight. With our enhanced speed, strength and swordsmanship from the Sword God himself, it was a one-sided massacre. I was quite disappointed with how pitiful they were, not even the slightest bit of practice. It would have been better to use them as moving targets for magic arrows.

I burned the corpses to ash so they wouldn't stink or attract monsters.

When the last bandit died I felt the string around my mana core undergo a slight change; it was still ethereal but less faint. This must be since I fulfilled my end of the deal. Elaria probably felt something also and knows all the bandits are dead now. Sure enough, she came down the hill a minute later and took a knee in front of me, bowing her head.

"Master, thank you for killing the bandits that attacked my village and giving rest to their souls. Is there anything I can do for you now?"

I felt a little awkward, "N- stop kneeling when you meet me. You can help us search for anyone captured here."