Chapter 82: ella

I go to the garage and get in Dad's car. The driveway isn't visible from his bedroom window, so I don't need to worry about him seeing from there. Carefully, I start the car. I don't have my licence yet, but I've practised plenty, so I should be good.

I was so cautious, that what should've been a 15-minute drive, took me a half hour. Once I had parked successfully, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. "So much for not being able to drive, huh Alex?" I chuckle to myself, thankful for my unscathed getaway.

I hopped out of the car and saw a bunch of guys messing around outside the club. I went inside, hoping nothing would happen to Dad's car. He loves that thing.

Inside the club, the thumping bass and vibrant lights welcome me to the biggest party of the year. With a huge grin on his face, Sam walks up to me and slaps me on the back. "Took ya long enough. Surprised you didn't chicken out," He teases, handing me a drink.

I smirk, taking it from him. "Like that would happen,"

Sam grins, leading the way into the chaos of the club. We jump right into the madness and start dancing like idiots. One of my other friends, Evan, already a bit on the tipsy side, stumbles our way, yelling, "Thought you weren't gonna make it!"

"Like I'd ever miss this!" I yell back, well aware I definitely would've if my plan had failed. He hands me another drink with a grin. "You're gonna need this for tonight!"

I take it, semi-hesitantly. I wasn't planning on getting drunk tonight, especially considering I needed to drive back home.
Sensing my hesitation, Evan raises a brow. "Come on man, it's a party! Live a little!"

Sam chimes in. "One night won't hurt. We'll make sure you get back in one piece," He teases.
I chuckle, taking a sip. "Alright, one more. But I'm keeping it in check," I say, joining in their cheers.

I forget about everything as the night continues, drinks flowing freely, the music getting louder, and the games getting wilder.

I was in the middle of an intense game of beer pong when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around, and meet a stunning girl, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "You're Noah, right?"

"The one and only," I joke, trying to match her playful tone. "And you are?"

She extends her hand to me, a mischievous grin on her face. "I'm Ella. I hear you're the beer pong champion tonight. Mind if I challenge you to a round?" She asks, with a wink.

I chuckle, my confidence riding high from all the drinks. "Well, Ella, as long as you don't mind losing," I tease.
Her grin grows wider. "You're on,"

Ella and I exchange shots, and her skill with this game is apparent with every precise shot, and I match her move for move. Despite my best efforts, Ella nailed the final shot with a triumphant grin on her face.

I grin back at her. "Looks like I underestimated you, well played," I admit, putting my drink down on the table.
Sam nudges my shoulder, giving me a cheeky grin. "The two of you should let someone else play now," He hints.

Me and Ella look at each other and nod, grabbing some fresh drinks and finding a quieter place to talk. We hit it off like we've been friends for ages, laughing our heads off over the stupidest things, neither of us holding back in our tipsy banter.

The funny thing is, I had seen her in school before, she was one of the cheerleaders, but we'd never crossed paths. I didn't even know her name, until now at least. After a while of talking about everything and nothing, she put her cup on the table and looked at me with the same mischievous look in her eyes.