Chapter 83: finally home

Dad shook his head firmly, frustration evident in his frantic pacing around the room. My eyes struggled to keep up with him as he exclaimed, "YOUNG MAN, I DON'T THINK YOU GRASP THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION. YOUR RECKLESS LITTLE STUNT JEOPARDIZED NOT ONLY YOURSELF BUT ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY HARMED, NOAH, YOU COULD BEEN KILLED! CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES, WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE WITH MYSELF THEN?"

I swallowed hard, my heartbeat quickening as his words escalated in volume. "I-I don't know," I stammer, struggling to maintain eye contact with him. He looks terrifying right now.

He stopped dead in his tracks and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't either," He said, before snapping his head back to look at me. "Tell me, Noah, was the party worth it? Was it worth ENDANGERING YOUR LIFE?"

I shook my head frantically and looked down. "It wasn't," I whisper.
"Look at me," He ordered sharply, the second I looked down.

"I'm uncertain where I went wrong here, Noah. Have I not always emphasised safety and responsibility to you and your siblings?" After a brief pause, he continued, "I thought I made it clear how important it is." He says, sounding disappointed.

"I do! I just..." I trail off, knowing well that no explanation I gave him would make my actions any more justifiable.
"You just what? Got lost in the heat of the moment?" He asks, mockingly. I just shook my head, embarrassed, since those were the exact words I was going to use.

"Even though I'm in no mood to hear it whatsoever, I need you to tell me exactly what happened last night. Don't you dare try and leave out any details, or attempt to make your transgressions sound any less extreme? Got it?" He gritted, his eyes piercing through me.

I nodded wordlessly, proceeding to tell him everything in detail. I wasn't going to risk having him somehow finding out about anything I left out. I wouldn't put it past him if he did.

He nodded, taking in everything, somehow becoming even more furious as I continued.

"So, let me clarify," he snapped, cutting me off. "You first, broke curfew; secondly, snuck out; thirdly, stole my car; fourthly, drove without a license; Fifth, you consumed alcohol, and sixth, the cherry on top, drove intoxicated, with someone else with you." He seethed, the vein in his neck bulging even further.

I gulp. "Y-yes sir,"

His furious glare deepened further as he continued to lecture me for another twenty minutes, before finally stopping and collapsing in his chair, rubbing his forehead. "You have no idea how disappointed I am with you right now." He muttered darkly. "I thought I raised you better than this."

"You did," I insist. "Dad, I'm sorry, I-I wasn't thinking straight, I'll never do anything like that again!" I say desperately, my panic rising, sensing that my punishment was near.

"I know you won't," He says darkly as he stands up from the chair. "I'LL BE DAMNED IF I EVER LET YOU DO SOMETHING SO UTTERLY STUPID FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!"

I watched, frozen as he unbuckled his belt and pointed to his bed. "Drop your pants, and bend over," He ordered coldly, and I quickly did as he said, not intending to infuriate him even further.

"You're getting spanked now, and then every single night for the next week. You're grounded for two months, no phone, no laptop, you'll go to school and come back straight after. When you do come home, you'll do your homework and chores, eat dinner, and then go straight to bed. Am I understood?"

I nodded, mumbling a 'yes sir'. I didn't dare to say anything other than that, especially not when I was in this vulnerable position.

"Glad we're on the same page," He says, folding his belt in half. "This is going to be your worst one yet Noah. It's going to hurt, but you need this," He says.