Chapter 27: sleepover?

Time skip of a few weeks

Emma's POV
"Oh come on Emma! You have to come!" My new best friend, Holly, insisted. Isabelle and Catherine agree with her.

I sigh, as I shove a forkful of the fancy school lunch in my mouth.

"Look, I'd love to come, you know I would. But you know how my brothers are. There's no way they'd let me go to a party at 11 pm, especially if it's at a boy's house" I try to explain to them, but it doesn't convince them.

"Well, you could at least try! Girl, it's not just any boy, it's Jamie! Did you see how he winked at you when he invited you? He said he would appreciate it if you came. You can't say no to that." Isabelle protests.

I open my mouth to respond, but Catherine beats me to it.

"Totally! Plus, what if he's planning something for you? What if he asks you out? I mean it's bound to happen. I'm not sure what's stopping him."

Ugh, these girls made good points.

Honestly, I wanted him to ask me out. Me and Jamie have been awkward for a while now. In the beginning, it was friendship with just winks and a few cheesy smirks, maybe a bit of flirting, but it was never awkward. Now it's clear we both like each other, but we aren't doing anything about it, so it's just incredibly awkward, and I don't want it to be! But My brothers already told me, that I can't date anyone till I'm 18, so I can't bring myself to ask him out, and as Catherine said, I don't know what's stopping him.

"I know, I know, you girls are right. Fine. I'll ask my brothers, don't be disappointed when they say no" I say, rolling my eyes at their beaming faces.

The day went by slowly, and soon I and Cole were in the limo heading home.

"Hey Cole, do you think our brothers would let me go out at 11 pm?" I suddenly asked him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "And why do you want to go out at 11 pm Hm?"
I rolled my eyes. It was irritating when he acts like he was so much older than me.

"A party," I say, grinning.

He laughs. "You're delirious if you think Alex would let you go to a party that late at night. On a school night."

I groan and slump back into my seat.
"Who's party though?" He asked me.
"It's Jamie's" I respond.

"Pfft, a boy? There's no way they'll let you go" he says chuckling.
"What's going on between you both?" He asks me.
I scrunch my nose.  "What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes. "I mean, you're not dating are you?"

Cole kinda knows about him. He sees us in the hallways and I told Cole that I liked Jamie. He didn't seem too fond of him though.

"Unfortunately no," I say sadly. "We're still just friends"
"Doesn't seem like you're just friends with how lovey-dovey you are in the hallways" he teases.

"Whatever," I say annoyed. "And can you stop giving him death stares? You're scaring him off!"
He smirks. "That's the point. You both are gross"

I stick my tongue out at him.

I think for a moment.
"If we did date, would you tell Alex?" I ask, biting my lip.

I didn't tell Cole everything but we were close, I do tell him a lot. He isn't overprotective like my brothers, but I'm not sure how he'd act if I was in a relationship. If me and Jamie ever dated, I'd want to tell him. I mean he might hate him, but I know he'd support me. At least I hoped.