Chapter 59: restaurant

TW: mentions of food shaming & body shaming.
I just wanted to mention that the idea for this chapter was given by @j_ersey06 !

I was nervous for our date. I mean, the last time we went, it was spontaneous. This is the second date we've ever been on, and it feels like he only asked me out to make it up to me. Nevertheless, I was excited. I was wearing a pretty flowy, sage green dress and white heels. My hair was done in a half-up pull-through braid, and I had taken a good time doing my makeup. I looked in the mirror, feeling satisfied. I hear a knock on my door.

I open it, to see Liam standing there, smiling. "You look beautiful sweetie," he says, kissing my forehead.

"Thank you,"  I say, smiling back at him.

"Jamie is here," he tells me.

"Oh, hang on," I say, grabbing my purse off of my bed. I go down the stairs carefully in my heels, and both Alex and Noah are waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

Noah smiles, just like Liam did. "You look lovely darling" he says, and I smile.
"Where is he?" I ask quietly, looking around.
Right then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I say, rushing to the door.

I open the door and Jamie is standing there, grinning.
"You look handsome" I whisper.
He gives me a small smile.

"Uhm, come inside," I say awkwardly, stepping aside. He reluctantly walks in.
Alex looks him up and down and gives him a strained smile, stretching his hand out.

"I'm Alex, it's a pleasure to meet you- properly" he says, referring to the night of the party.
Jamie relaxed slightly and shakes his hand. "It's nice to meet you too"

I glance over at Noah, and he's not saying a word, but he's glaring daggers at poor Jamie, who's looking extremely nervous. Noah is probably the most intimidating of my brothers so I was surprised Jamie didn't wither on the spot.

Liam clears his throat and steps forward, shaking Jamie's hand too. "I'm Liam, Emma's third oldest brother," he says, with a soft smile. "I've heard a lot about you," he says, with a wink, and Jamie visibly relaxes again.

"Can we leave?" I ask, wanting this awkward interaction to end.
Alex nods and steps forwards. "You're going there and coming straight back, okay?" He says sternly, and I roll my eyes.

"Be safe, and have fun, okay?" He says, opening the door for us.

"Your brothers are so scary," Jamie says, shuddering, once we get to his car.
I chuckle and open the car door and sit in the backseat.

"Hey, Emma!" Natasha says from the driver's seat once I get in. I smile. "Hey"
"How've you been?" She asks, starting the car once Jamie gets In too.
"Good" I lie.

"I was thinking about going to this new restaurant that opened up, sound good?" Jamie asks.
"Yeah, I don't mind as long as there's decent food," I say, sitting back in my seat, and I swear I saw him roll his eyes. Weird.

We get there pretty soon, Natasha tells us to have fun, and she drives away.
"Looks nice," I say, eyeing the outside of the restaurant.

"Mhm," he says, in a bored tone. "Let's get this over with," he says, walking inside. Over with? This is a date!

I catch up to him, and we enter. The restaurant had a relaxed, casual vibe, and the decor suited the place.

"Where do you wanna sit?" He asks me, looking around at the few empty tables.
"Over there?" I ask, pointing to a small table near the window.

He agrees and we get seated. Immediately a waiter comes up to us, welcoming us before handing each of us a menu.

"Could we have a minute?" Jamie asks, looking at the long menu.
"Of course," the waiter says, leaving us with an endless amount of options.