Chapter 64: fight

A couple of days later I finally felt better and went to school.
"I can't believe you still haven't broken up with your poor excuse of a boyfriend" Cole commented as we walked into school.

"Well I am today," I say confidently. I was still hurt, a lot had happened at once. It was clear that he was either going to cheat on me or break up with me soon, so it'd be better if I did it instead. I knew I had to, but at the same time, I didn't want to. He had been so great until Megan showed up. I knew that was no excuse, though. He hasn't even texted me.

"When are you gonna do it?" Cole asks me.
"We have PE together, so probably then," I tell him.

"Be sure to do it," Cole says.
"I will, I will," I say, annoyed.

After the bell rings, we both go to our classes.
"I missed you so much!" Holly squealed as I sat next to her.

I grin. "So did I. Uhm, has Megan been suspended?" I ask.
"I'm not sure.. probably, I haven't seen her since what happened."

Soon, the teacher comes in and starts telling us about an assignment we have to do, but I'm completely zoning out.

All day, I'm incredibly nervous, waiting for PE to roll around. When it finally does, I text Jamie.

Me: Meet me under the bleachers.
Jamie: y?
Me: we need to talk.
Jamie: I can't
Me: why?
Jamie: I'm skipping. We can talk outside after school if u want

Is he for real? Gosh.
PE was the only class we had together, so I didn't even see him for the rest of the day. I didn't see Megan either. Maybe the principal grew a brain and suspended her as Holly said.

"Are you sure you don't want me there?" Cole asks as we leave the school after I told him about the PE plan failing.

"No, you're just going to make it worse," I say.
"Whatever you say," he says nonchalantly.

I walk to the back of the school, where Jamie already is. He's leaning against a wall, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey," I say quietly.
He looks at me, and pockets his phone, before walking towards me. "Before you say anything, I'm sorry about defending Megan, but.. you can't blame me when that's what I saw," he says quickly.

"Well, that's a pretty shitty apology," I grumble. "You didn't even hear me out!"
"What else do you want me to say, Emma? I saw what I saw when I walked in, I'm not at fault here!" He yells.

I take a deep breath. "No matter what you do Jamie, you're not gonna take the blame, are you?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What do you even want, Emma?" He shouts. Well, he's making this easier than I thought.
"We're over, Jamie," I say simply when his back is turned to me.
"What?!" He says in disbelief.

"You heard me! I should've broken up with you ages ago, with how you've been treating me since Megan showed up!" I shout back. "You didn't even think to apologise after what happened!"

He narrowed his eyes and pointed his finger at me accusingly. "What do you mean, the way  I 'treated you'? I treated you just fucking fine! It's not my fault your jealous self got in the way!" He bellowed, walking up towards me.

Before I could yell back at him, I heard a familiar, furious voice behind me. It was Cole.
"Cole?" I say in shock, but he ignores me.

"What the fuck did you just say to her?" He snarled, fists clenched, getting in Jamie's face.

Jamie immediately looks taken aback. He instinctively takes a few steps back before putting his hands up defensively. "We were just talking! It's none of your business" Jamie argued weakly, though I could tell he was intimidated.