Chapter 86: amelia

My jaw drops as I immediately hand her the drink back. "I can't do that! I don't even know her."
Amber shoots me a glare. "But we do, and she's a bitch. Just do it, it'll be funny!"
I shake my head adamantly. "No- no way. Come on Amelia, that's just mean."

She rolls her eyes exaggeratedly and snatches the drink out of my hand. "Fine. You're no fun, Emma." She scoffs. She pulls out her phone, unlocks it, and hands it to me. "Here. The least you could do is record it."

Before I could protest, Amelia walked away, in Liana's direction. Liana was engrossed in her book, so she didn't notice.

"Shit," I mumble, fumbling with Amelia's phone. There's no way I'm recording this. I don't want any part in this, whatsoever. I quickly handed the phone to Amber, who stared at me with a look of confusion.

"What? She asked you to record it."
I sigh. "I know, but I can't."

"Why not?" She questions. "It's not that big of a deal,"
"If it's not that big a deal, why can't you just do it?" I argue.

"Well someone needs to record it, or Amelia's gonna blow a fuse," Cassidy interrupts.
"Whatever, I'll do it." Amber says, clicking the record button and lifting the phone.

I watch anxiously as Amelia creeps up behind Liana. She looks in our direction and grins, before taking off the lid of the cup. I watch in horror as she dumps out the entire drink on Liana's head, completely soaking her hair, her book, and the top of her shirt.

Liana immediately shrieks loudly and stands up, her mouth agape as she looks at Amelia who's practically falling on the floor, laughing. Liana is speechless as she looks over at us, while Amber and Cassidy are still recording, all while laughing their heads off. I'm standing there awkwardly, feeling completely awful.

She wipes her face angrily with the palm of her hand, before sticking her finger in Amelia's face accusingly. "What the hell is your problem?!'' She screams.

Amelia pays no attention to her, still unable to stop her laughter. "Brown is really not your colour." She cackles.

Without anyone noticing, I quickly walk off in the other direction, unable to watch any more. I head for the washrooms and lock myself in one of the stalls. What am I even supposed to do? I don't wanna go back and hang out with them, but at the same time, I can't just leave without saying anything. It's clear it's not a good idea to be on her bad side.

A couple of minutes later, an idea strikes me. I get out my phone and ring Alex.
"Hey Em, what's up?" He asks. Just then, I hear the door of the washroom open.
"Um, can you come pick me up?" I whisper, just in case it was one of the girls who came in.

"Yes, but why are you whispering? Are you okay?" He asks, panic rising in his voice.
"I'm okay, I'm fine," I assure him.

He breathes a sigh of relief. "Okay, good. Alright- I'll come pick you up. You're still at the mall, right?"
"Mhm," I confirm. "And could you do me a favour?" I ask.

"Sure love, what is it?"
"Could you call me back in like 5 minutes, telling me to come home quickly, pretending there's an emergency or something?" I say.
"What? Why?" He asks.

"I'll explain later, but please just do it," I beg.
"Okay, I got it. I'll be back to pick you up soon, alright?"
"Okay, thank you," I whisper, hanging up.

This little plan might've been extra, but I didn't want to take any chances with this Amelia girl. I leave the stall, straighten out my uniform, and leave the washrooms. I walk back to the food court, and nobody is the, except a couple of workers, mopping up the mess. I walk up to one of them.