Chapter 49: confession

"You what?" Noah asked in disbelief, narrowing his eyes at me.
"You better explain yourself young lady" Alex demanded.

I squirm In my seat uncomfortably, still sore from my spanking. I didn't realise until that moment how hard it'd be to confess my wrongdoings to my brothers, even though I had already been punished.

"Emma!" Noah yelled impatiently.
Alex sighed. "Where did you go, Emma?"

"To an ice cream parlour," I said, quickly. Easy enough, now let's just hope they don't ask me who I was with.

"With who exactly?" Noah asked, crossing his arms.
I twiddle my thumbs. "With a friend?"
"Be more specific Emma" Alex said, sounding frustrated.

"With Jamie" I admit quietly, looking down at my lap.
"A boy?" Alex asks, sounding astonished.
"They were on a date" Liam clarified. Gee, thanks, big bro.

"A what?" Noah asks furiously.
"I already took care of it," Liam said firmly, probably to avoid Noah yanking me over his lap right then and there.

"Look at me Emma" Alex ordered firmly, and I did so. "You know you're too young to be going on dates, we've told you that before. I'm disappointed that you disobeyed me, again," he says sternly, sounding less angrier than I originally thought.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Noah, who was silently glaring daggers at me as Alex spoke. Something tells me he won't be as understanding as Liam was.

"I know, I won't do it again," I tell him, sorrowfully. The stinging sensation my butt feels will certainly remind me not to do that again.

"Damn right you won't," Noah says fiercely. "Hold on, wasn't that the boy whose party you secretly went to? What the hell did you two do?" He questioned me furiously.

"Nothing!" I confirm. "We weren't even dating then," I tell him, as his shoulders slightly drop.
"Good" he mutters angrily.
"Calm down Noah" Alex orders, glaring at him slightly.

He sighs, then turns to Liam. "How did you find her?"
"Ask her" Liam responded, shrugging. Come on!

"Aiden was out with Chloe, and he saw me. Then he took me home" I mumbled.
"Please tell me you noticed that she was gone," Alex says to Liam, sounding concerned.

Liam scrunched his nose. "Of course I did, I was panicking, about to call the police! I called Aiden, and coincidentally, that's when he found Emma"

Alex then turns to me again, a look of disappointment on his face. "See Emma? He was about to call the cops, and all because you wanted to go on a date! What were you thinking?" He scolds angrily, raising his hands in the air.

I flinched slightly. "I really am sorry" I pleaded, not wanting to be spanked again.
Alex pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't even know what to say, Emma. Liam says he's dealt with you, so I believe that. But you are grounded for three weeks" he tells me sternly.

"Three weeks?! That's way too long!" I protest angrily.
Noah glares at me again. "Would you like another spanking along with that?" He threatens me, and I immediately shake my head.

"That's what I thought," he says, with a slight smirk, and I try my hardest not to roll my eyes at him.

"I'm reminding you again Emma, you are not allowed to go on dates, or have a boyfriend, you're way too young for that." He tells me sternly, much to my dismay.

I hope Liam will pitch in, but he doesn't. Then I remember that he told me I had to talk to Alex about it. Seeing how angry he was at the moment, I decided it was probably best if I didn't ask him now.

"We'll have to keep a close eye on you seeing how effortlessly you pulled this little stunt," Noah says, scowling.

"If you ever, and I mean ever try to sneak out again, you won't be sitting comfortably for quite a while, I can assure you that. Understood?" Alex asked me, raising a brow.

"Yes, I understand" I mumbled sadly.
"Good," he says curtly. "And about this boy. You can be friends, but no dating. Am I clear? He asks.

I swallow, trying to muster up the courage to ask my oldest brother if I could possibly continue to date Jamie. I think about my argument, how I'd convinced Liam, and opened my mouth to ask Alex.

"Please?" Was the only thing that I could manage to say.
The corners of Noah's lips curled up in a tiny smile, probably mocking my pathetic attempt at persuading my brother.

"No," Alex said sternly, standing up. "End of discussion"
I stuck my bottom lip out. "Can we please talk about this?" I plead.

He sighs, shaking his head, sitting back down "What do you possibly have to say?"
"Can I please date Jamie? He's really nice, and he makes me happy! Please, Alex? I promise I won't sneak out again! Pleeaaase?" I beg.

"You're too young Emma," he says simply, shaking his head. I'm about to plead some more when Liam starts talking.

"There's a low chance that she'll listen to us about this" he points out. "It's better if we let her try, as long as we know what she's up to, I see no harm"

"Yeah, what he said! Please, Alex, I won't do anything bad, please trust me!" I plead, giving my brother my best puppy dog eyes.

Alex raises a brow, glances at me and Liam, and Noah looks at him, shocked. "Don't tell me you're actually considering this?" Alex gives him a reassuring look and then turns to me.

"Well, maybe, but" he starts, but I don't let him finish as I jump into his arms.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squee, squeezing him tight.

He gently pulls me off of him. "Let me finish. We'll see. I want to meet him first, and you can hang out here. No going out just yet. Maybe chaperoned dates eventually." He tells me firmly.

I beam at him. "Okay! Thank youu!" I say, hugging him again as he stands up.
He smiles softly. "Again, you're still grounded for three weeks, no phone, cable or laptop." Noah reminds me next to him, and I frown.

"Did you already take her stuff?" Alex asked Liam.
"Took her phone, not her laptop or cable" he informs him.

"Go bring them Emma" Alex says, and I, almost eagerly do so. I can't believe he said yes! With a million restrictions of course, but at least me and Jamie will get to hang out more!

I bring my laptop and tv cable and give them to Alex. I frown, dreading the three weeks of boredom I'll have to face.

"Thank you," he says, as I hand him my things. "Don't sneak out again Emma, I'm serious. I wasn't here, but I can imagine how worried Liam must've felt. What if something had happened to you? We would have no idea where you would be." He says softly, sounding sad.

"I know, I feel really bad. I definitely won't do it again" I say, looking at him apologetically.

"I know you won't, sweet girl," he says, pulling me in for a hug and planting a kiss on my forehead. I smile, my face in his chest. Things turned out better than I expected.