Chapter 62: truth

I'm so screwed. This was going to be the whole cigarette fiasco all over again. I'm gonna punished for no reason.

Mrs Myers put the phone down. "Emma, your brother will be here soon" she informs me.
"Jamie, you can leave if you want," Mrs Myers says, turning to Jamie.
"No, I'd like to tell them what happened," he says. Asshole.

"Mrs Myers, I'm telling you, she's lying! She's the one who attacked me first, I was just defending myself," I press.

"Mom, why would I attack her? I've been nothing but nice to her!" Megan argues in a whiney voice, making me cringe.

"Both of you, stop it," Mrs Myers says firmly. "We'll talk about this when everyone is here,"
I sighed and Megan pouted, then Mrs Myers bent in close to Megan. "I believe you honey, don't worry," She whispered, but I could still hear.

Ms Marshall brought Megan some ice. I then realised how bad my eye hurt.
"Emma, your eye... would you like some ice too?" Mrs Marshall offered, and I eagerly accepted.
A minute later she handed me an ice pack, and I held it to my left eye, feeling instant relief.

"Where are you hurt, honey?" Mrs Myers asks Megan.
"My entire body hurts.. mainly my head" Megan whined.

We sat there in silence, the only sound filling the room was the clock ticking and Megan shifting her ice pack. Probably deciding where it hurts.

The door slightly opens and Ms Marshall peeked in the room. "Mrs Myers, you're needed in room 12, it's urgent," She tells her hurriedly.
"Okay, I'll be right there," she responds, and Ms Marshall leaves. She then turns to look at us, mainly me.
"You three, I'll be right back. Behave," she warns us, before leaving.

"You bitch!" I seethe, immediately turning to Megan.
"What the hell did she do? Leave her alone!" Jamie shouts the second I stood up.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, so shut up!" I snap at him and he sees red.

"What's going on here?" Mrs Myers asks, suddenly entering the room.
Jamie turned to her. "Emma blew up at Megan,"
"No, I didn't!"

Mrs Myers blew out a frustrated breath, but before she could say anything, we hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" Mrs Myers says, seeming relieved. Then, both Alex and Noah walk in, not looking happy at all.

She has them both sit down, and the office is rather crowded.

"Could you tell us what happened?" Noah asked coldly, while Alex gave me a sympathetic look after seeing the ice pack.

"Ah yes. Megan sweetie, can you tell them what happened?" Mrs Myers responded, turning to the witch.

Megan nodded. "I was just trying to take some books out of my locker when Emma came up to me and accused me of stealing her boyfriend! All I said was that she had Nothing to worry about, but she got all violent with me! She pinned me to the lockers and slammed my head! She then punched me a few times, before pushing me to the floor and kicking me! She was gonna punch me again, when Jamie came and stopped her" Megan rambled, completely twisting the story, and making me sound horrible.

Mrs Myers gave her a sympathetic look. "Thank you, Megan. Mr Smith, violence is not tolerated at this school. Due to Emma's unacceptable behaviour, I will have to suspend her" Mrs Myers tells my brothers calmly.

"That was not what happened!" I yell. "She was the one threatening me! She pushed me towards the lockers!" I explain to Noah and Alex, not looking at anyone else.

"She's lying. Emma has been mean to Megan for a while, she's jealous. I find it believable that she attacked her, I found Emma pinning her to the floor" Jamie adds. Both Alex and Noah look at him with an incredulous look, probably wondering why he's on her side.