Karaoke

I had just put CJ and Teddy to bed and went to change my clothes in my room. I put on a simple red dress, showing a bit a cleavage, the dress stopped just above my knees. I was just doing my hair, still the blond pixie cut, when a low whistle came from the door.

"You got some legs on you, Northon."

I turned to see Harry leaning against the door frame. "And you got quite confident, Potter" I chuckled. "Is it too much?" I asked glancing down my dress.

"It's perfect." He smiled. "What about me?" He said twirling around. I walked over and looked at him closely. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a light blue shirt, his muscles visible under the tight sleeves.

"You look very handsome. The girls won't be able to keep their hands of you "

"Well, this is my can't-get-enough-of-me shirt." He smirked.

"I seem to be immune then." I looked to him with my own mischievous smirk. "But maybe tonight-" I traced my hand over his chest slowly, I laughed when he turned red as a tomato, and I walked past him out of the room. When we arrived downstairs, Andy was sitting on her couch going over her crossword puzzle.

"Are you sure, Andy?" I asked again as she put her crossword puzzle down.

"Yes, of course." She waved me off. "You two go have fun."

"Alright." I leaned down to kiss her cheek. "Call me on the cell when something is wrong."

"I will. Now, go!" She practically pushed me to the door. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"Thank you." I smiled and glanced at Harry. "Ready, Potter?"

He rolled his eyes with a smile and offered his arm, with a last wave to Andy we disappeared from the house.

We heard the false singing coming out of the pub when we arrived in the alley behind the bar. The pub was located in a busy street. Full of people who were barhopping. Muggles were drinking, laughing, chatting about on the main square in front of the pub. I smiled at the easy-going people around me, I was happy to note, I didn't recognize any of them.

"Oh, Harry look." I pointed with my free arm, because the other was still looked around his, to another bar. "Maybe we can go there after."

"A pirate bar?"

"Yeah, I went to one in Turkey. We can do some barhopping."

"Barhopping?" Harry frowned.

"It's just going from bar to bar all night. It's fun, trust me."

"I trust you."

"Brilliant." I grinned. "But let's scare some of these people away with our lovely voices." I tugged him towards the new Karaoke bar where a small crowd has formed in the front. We took our place at the back of the line, and I leaned against the wall facing Harry.

"I was wondering..." He started as he looked at me. "What do you do for money?"

"When Ced died -" I said, and it has only been a year since I could say that without a quiver in my voice. "I received a kind of widow's pension. Merlin, it's weird to be called a widow that young." I shook my head. "I get monthly payments, but even then, I had more than enough. Cedric inherited money from his grandparents and he left that to me. I started a savings account for CJ when he was just a baby, from the money Cedric had earned from his last articles. I love working with animals and creatures, but with this-" I touched my stomach. "It's harder to find work because I never know when the next pain will hit. And that can be dangerous working with animals. So, right now, my focus is on CJ. We'll see what the future brings."