Dances on the Field

When the Weasleys were out of sight, he dropped his arm from my shoulders. Amos was greeting everyone in excitement as they searched for the plot. The campsite was already packed with tents, wizards and witches. Kids were running around laughing as they chased each other with brooms. Amos said they had to limit their use of magic because there were muggles around, but it looked like no one took that to heart as I saw a man cleaning his underwear with the use of his wand, or a witch who let little snitches fly over a crib to sooth her child.

I was so charmed by everything around me, the sounds, the laughter, the magic, that I didn't notice when Cedric stopped in front of me. I bumped into him and fell backwards on the damp grass. Cedric turned and went to help me up, but someone beat him to it. I looked up to see another Weasley in front of me.

"Charlie?" I asked taking his hand as he pulled me up. I hugged him tight and talked in his shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too." He chuckled, pulling back. "Hi, Cedric."

Cedric smiled and he shook hands with the dragon tamer. At least there was another Weasley who didn't get a glare from him.

"Charlie, how's it going in Romania?" He asked as he unpacked the tent from his father's rucksack.

"Busy, unfortunately." He sighed. "Had three injured dragons come in just three nights ago. It's a miracle I could get away for a few days."

"Hopefully the match doesn't take too long then." I looked from Charlie to Cedric. "Want any help, Ced?"

"No, I'm good." He answered not looking up from the instructions of the tent. Amos had disappeared from view after he found a colleague from work. Charlie looked between the two of us, eyebrows high but didn't press the matter.

"There's someone who wants to see you."

"I want to see him too; it's been over a year." I sighed as I leaned into Charlie.

"You'll see him soon." He rubbed my back, when I looked up frowning, he just winked and turned his attention back to Cedric, who was getting frustrated at the poles in front of him. "Diggory, step back."

Cedric looked up and saw Charlie waving his wand, with a grin. He stood up and patted the dirt of his jeans and walked over to stand next to me. Charlie looked around but no one was paying any attention to us, and he waved his wand effortlessly and the tent popped up in a second.

"You're a life saver." I grinned up to Charlie.

"Anything for a Northon." He winked at me. "I better get back to the family. I told them I would be right back. I'll see you at the game."

"Bye, Charlie." Cedric and I waved him off.

Amos came walking back, smiling broadly and looked proudly at the tent. "Great work guys."

Cedric and I shared a look, grinning. "Thanks."

Let's unpack and then you two can explore the grounds. The game doesn't start until six." Amos opened the flap of the tent and ushered us in. The tent was beautiful. Amos bought it two summers ago and was practically new. The tent had two rooms on either side of the tent, one for Amos and one for me and Cedric. There was even a kitchen in the back while a sitting area covered the front of the tent.

I took my backpack from my shoulders and put it on one of the beds in the tent. I took my clothes out and placed it in on the shelves on the side of the tent, when I turned, I bumped into Cedric again, now against his chest. Before I could stumble backwards, Cedric grabbed my upper arms softly and pulled me close. His eyes fixed on mine and a small smile on his lips.