Prospects

After dinner, everyone was spread out around the eerie dark house. Bill had dragged me to the library and pulled me next to him. I turned to face him and crossed my legs, and he did the same. Ron and Harry were sitting near the fire playing chess. Fred and George had disappeared up the stairs while Hermione and Ginny talked to Sirius. Bash and Charlie were being hauled up in kitchen by Mrs Weasley, talking about wedding plans. Bill took a book out of his coat and handed it over.

"Here, I got you a book on curse breaking. Don't tell your brother though." He grinned as he handed it over. "He might have my head."

"Oh, wow. Thanks, Bill." My eyes flicked over the book before looking at the curse breaker himself. "I didn't get you anything."

"You don't have to. This is one of my old books, the one that got me into it."

"Bill, this is sweet, but I don't think I'll ever be a curse breaker."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't take the right classes." I chuckled.

"Maybe so, but if you're going to follow in your parents' footsteps or even just travel around the world." He winked. "The things in here might come in handy."

"Thanks, Bill." I leaned forward and pulled him in a hug.

"You said that already." He chuckled and clapped my back softly. We heard someone clear their throat from the open doorway. We pulled back and turned to look at where the sound came from. George was standing in the doorway, looking at them with a slight frown. "Oh, hey George. Your girl gives the best hugs." Bill teased. "Where is Fred?"

"We're not always together you know." George said, still the frown in place.

"They're not always together you know." I said at the same time. George and I shared a look and I saw the frown disappear and a smile take its place as he walked closer. Bill snickered next to me. "Hermione?" I asked with a lopsided grin and leaned into George as he sat down. The smirk on his face said everything.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Career plans after Hogwarts." I answered as I intertwined our fingers together and rested them on my stomach and craned my neck to look at him.

"Curse breaking?" He asked pointing at the book between me and Bill.

"Not really. I'm not taking the right classes for that." I grinned. "But Bill gave me this book because with my plans on traveling, is it for creatures or doing what my parents do... He thought it could come in handy."

"Traveling..." George said slowly. "Where are you going?"

"Don't know yet. Haven't really made a plan for after school." I shrugged. "Still got time and maybe I'll work around the UK first."

"Well, whatever you're going to do, you'll be great at it." George smiled at me, but something in his tone was off. Before I could ask, he leaned forward and gave me a short kiss. Bill cleared his throat and we both looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you tell them about the shop?" Bill asked me.

"Oh!" I gasped and turned to look at George excitedly. George looked confused between me and Bill. "I may have – no wait, let's get Fred first." I jumped up and held out my hand for George to take. George still looked confused while Bill grinned. I pulled him up and dragged him out of the library. I found Fred talking to Hermione and Ginny in the kitchen and beckoned him over. I saw George and Fred share a look of confusion, but they didn't say anything as they followed me upstairs.

"What's going on?" Fred asked as I closed the door, dropping down on his bed.

"Dunno." George shrugged and sat down next to his twin. I sat down on George's bed and turned to the twins.