Epilogue

While our friends and family knew about us from the very start, the kids didn't. We never said anything to the others, but it was easy to tell, since we couldn't take our eyes off each other, or George barely left my side. And just by the fact that we both looked utterly and stupidly happy, our friends and family knew the second they saw us. We told the kids only after three months. George came around more often, so CJ could get to know him and get used to him. But since he was so fond of him, he didn't really need to get used to him. He was always giddy and excited when he came over. So, when we told him, he was excited and asked if we would be living inside the shop.

In September of the following year, we moved to the flat above the Hogsmeade shop as it had a garden and three bedrooms. Until that time, I stayed at Andy's, as she still wasn't ready to let us go just yet. CJ and Teddy had a hard time being apart since they lived together for over a year. So, we made some adjustments to the floo that connected our places so that they could come over without passing other people's floos. And because George and Fred were both geniuses, we would get a message if one of them would go over to the other.

In the course of that year, Ron and Harry started a new relationship. Ron was seeing a French guy, Francois, who he had met after he visited Fleur when she gave birth to their second daughter. Harry's new girlfriend was none other than Luna Lovegood, who would've thought. Ginny was seeing an international famous quidditch player named, Davo. A year of love, that's how Molly liked to call it.

When CJ turned ten, a year before he started Hogwarts, six years after we found each other again, George asked me to marry him, and I said yes. We were married a few months later. We tried to have a baby together, in the years before we got married, even though I knew it would be nearly impossible. And so it was, after a grieving period, we started to look into adoption. Fleur and Hermione, the latter welcomed her first child with Fred two years before, offered us to be our surrogate. But I knew there were enough kids without a home. So, a year after we started the adoption process, we adopted a five-year-old girl and her two-year-old brother. The kids came to live with us in the summer before CJ started Hogwarts with Teddy.

Andy came over two times a week for dinner, and after the boys started Hogwarts, she still came over. Sometimes alone, sometimes with her new/old love. She had reconnected with the minister, Kingsley Shacklebolt. Apparently, they dated for a while back in school but grew apart and she started dating Ted. They got together after Teddy turned eight years old. I was happy for her because I was always worried she would be lonely.

Bash and Charlie still lived in Romania. They thought about adoption too for a while but living in a reserve full of dragons, they didn't see it as a good fit. They just relished the time they had with the nephews and nieces, coming over every two weeks. And joining us on our annual family vacations.

I was still very close to Harry, and we met weekly for our Wednesday lunch. Harry tried to convince me to tell George about my former addiction, but I refused. And I'd never tell him, that was the one thing I would take to my grave, and I did.

The first weeks after George and I started dating again, we talked and talked and talked. About everything and nothing. He told me the truth about what happened with Gloria, and when Sara came out wearing his old quidditch jersey. He told me about that he had been looking at it the day before I came over, a box full of memorabilia of us, that included the jersey. I told him about my struggles after Cedric's passing, about the early birth and every country CJ and I travelled to.

And even though I was ridiculously happy, George knew that I had bad moments sometimes. That I would close myself off and crawl into bed for hours on end. This mostly happens around the time he died, or Ced's and mine wedding date. But George would just be there for me in the most amazing way, reminding me why I loved him so much.

We were standing on the platform again, sending CJ to Hogwarts for his fifth year. CJ was hugging his sister Olivia while Damian clung to his leg. George smiled as he unwrapped Damian's tiny arms from CJ's leg and picked him up his blonde hair falling slightly over his eyes. He was getting a bit too big to be picked up at seven years old, but he always had a hard time letting CJ go to school. It would be even harder next year when Olivia would be going too. CJ was still the spitting image of his father. It was a little disturbing to see how much. But he looked so handsome and when he smiled, George always said he had my smile, he lit up the world. He was still not showing off his transforming abilities, only a few streaks of colour in his hair. Unlike the boy who was running up to them, his hair bright purple. Behind him Harry and Andy were coming closer at a much slower pace.

"Aunt Winnie." Teddy engulfed me in a hug, and he could easily rest his head on top of mine. CJ was slightly shorter than him but not by much.

"Hey, Tedster." I hugged him back. "Ready to go back?"

"More than ever." He said with a twinkle in his eye, which I recognised as he looked to CJ. CJ was able to hide his blush easily as I could, but I saw it in his eyes. "If mister Prefect here doesn't ruin my fun." He winked at CJ, who muttered incoherently. Teddy and CJ hugged George and the kids before doing the same with Harry and Andy.

"I love you, mum." CJ whispered as he held me close.

"I love you, sweetheart." I pulled back so I could look him in the eye. "No matter what, no matter who you love, I will always love you." I saw him swallow hard, but he nodded with a smile. I patted his cheek softly. "Make your dads' proud."

"And you." He smiled and he kissed my cheek. When Teddy and CJ walked over to the train, dragging their trunks behind them, they whispered to each other, their free hands bumping against each other as they walked close.

"I recognize that look." Andy said coming up next to me as she nudged her head to the boys who were loading their trunks. I nodded with a smile.

"What look?" George asked.

"The look you have for Gwen, the one we saw again when she came back." She said.

"I wasn't that obvious." George huffed and Harry, Andy and I chuckled. "Who's we?"

"Everyone who saw the two of you together saw it. Me, Andy, Fleur, Lee, Fred. We were the first ones." Harry said. "But Hermione found out quickly. And by the time CJ had his Dragon/Superman party, everyone knew, even Ron and that's saying a lot."

George wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close, still with that twinkle in his eyes. Harry pointed excitedly. "See that look."

"Whatever." George chuckled and gave me a sweet kiss. "So, CJ and Teddy?"

"My bet? They're going to be a couple when they come back for Christmas."

"Oh, love. I'm not betting against you." George laughed and kissed my temple as the train whistle went off. "You know him too well."

Teddy and CJ leaned out of the window as the train started to move, they waved at us until the train took a turn. With a happy smile, and two sad kids, we left the platform, and we went to have lunch at the burrow meeting up with the rest of the family.

Notes:

So, that's it! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
So, I did it!

I started writing a story from CJ's perspective! I'm writing chapter 25 now, so more than planned, but I love him so much :D
I don't know how many chapters it will have, but it won't be extreme. Just a short, cute story without any heavy shit ;)

It's going to be called Chasing Love