Veela's reveal only half the truth

I arrived back at the tent and saw Amos in the kitchen preparing food. I kicked off my shoes and walked over to him.

"Need any help, Amos?"

"No need. I'm almost done." He smiled, he looked around the tent before his eyes fell on me again. "Where's Cedric?"

"Oh, he should be here any minute." Just when I finished my sentence Cedric walked in with his head low. "I'm going to go change."

"Okay, then after dinner we can get going." He turned to Cedric who still stood at the tent entrance. "Cedric, help me, will you?"

I chuckled as I placed my hand on his shoulder before I disappeared in the bedroom. I switched my sweater with a green shirt and left the top few buttons open, rolling up my sleeves. I took the braids out of my hair and flipped my head up and down, my waves rested beautiful on my back. I bit my lip as I pondered on what to do with my hair. I decided to do the top, dark green while it turned lighter going down. When I heard someone clear their throat, I turned to see Cedric looking at me.

"Dad is finished with dinner." He said nervously rubbing his neck. "Can I use the room to change?" I nodded my head as I went to step out of the room. Cedric took my hand gently is his. "Winnie..."

I stopped and looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"I - I... you look good." He whispered and dropped my hand.

"Thanks." I murmured and went to sit on the table with Amos. "Smells good." I smiled forcefully.

"Thanks, Gwen. Come on, Cedric. We don't want to be late." He called to his son, who was still standing in the opening. Amos was completely oblivious to what was going on, but I was glad he was, I didn't want to talk to him about it. Cedric sat down next to me as Amos divided the pasta under the three of us. I took a glance towards him. He had changed his dark grey jumper into a bright green shirt, matching mine. Amos smiled at us as we ate the pasta.

"I like your hair, Gwen."

"Thank you." I grinned. "Need to show everyone which team I'm supporting, don't I?"

"With the hair, shirt and eyes, I don't think anyone would have a doubt."

We ate in silence until it was time to go. Amos was walking ahead of them, talking to everyone he knew, which was a lot of people. I spotted other kids from Hogwarts and waved to them when they saw us walk by. Cedric was shooting glances at me, when he thought I wouldn't notice. But I did and kept looking straight in front of me.

"Winnie."

"Yes, Diggory?" I said coolly. I knew Cedric hated it when I called him by his last name, but I couldn't resist.

"Can we talk?"

I finally let my eyes find his and his eyes pleaded with me. "Fine, talk."

"Oh, okay." He looked surprised by my answer. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier."

"Sorry about what you did or what you said?"

"Both. I'm sorry that I kissed you." I felt disappointed, my stomach turned into a knot. "It wasn't wrong, it was a mistake."

"A mistake? Kissing me was a mistake?" I cried out. "Thanks for that."

"No, Winnie!" Cedric called out as I started to walk away from him. "You're my best friend."

"And obviously nothing more." I whispered, casting my eyes down.

"GWEN!" A voice called over the crowd. We turned around to see the whole Weasley clan arrive at the stadium.