Bash

I couldn't get back to the stands, I couldn't go back to the tent. I just needed my brother. I went to the dragon's cages and huddled in the corner next to Fleur's Welsh, which meant she had captured the golden egg. The tears started to fall as I looked at the dragon, who looked at me curiously.

"I'm not here for your babies." I whispered; the dragon cocked her head. Trying to figure out if I was dangerous or not. "I just needed some space."

With one wing protectively over her eggs, her snout came closer and sniffed at her. Without thinking I stuck out my hand for her to sniff. After a few whiffs, she had decided to deem me safe and nudged her head against my hands.

"I've never seen her let anyone close if she had eggs." Charlie's surprised voice sounded on the other side of the cage. The dragon's head and mine snapped to the dragon tamer. The dragon hissed and stood up protectively around the eggs. "It's okay, Geena, I won't hurt them." Charlie's voice calming. "I just came for Gwen." The dragon named Geena looked at Charlie suspiciously before she returned her attention to her eggs. Charlie grinned from the dragon to me, but when he saw the tears, his grin disappeared like snow before the sun. "Gwen?" He hurried around the cage and dropped down next to me. "What's wrong?" He pulled an arm around me and hugged me tight.

"I - I told him." I sniffed and wiped the tears away. "I told Cedric how I felt about him. He doesn't feel the same."

Charlie frowned at the last part but didn't say anything and continued to rub her shoulders. "I think we're both in need for a little Bash."

"Couldn't hurt." I smiled as I pushed back the tears. Charlie smiled back to me and pulled me up, his arm around my shoulder, tugging me close. "I think Harry is just receiving his points." He said as we heard the crowds shouting, POTTER, POTTER! "Let's wait in our tent. Bash is just gathering Tommy back to his cage with the others."

"You called a Hungarian Horntail, Tommy?" I snickered.

"He looked like a Tommy, and she was already used to her name by the time we found out she was a girl." Charlie shrugged with a grin as he led her to the tent. The tent was like the one at the World Cup. "This is mine and Bash's tent. The others are all paired with two's and have tents next to us."

"Have you told your mum, who you've been shacking up with in Romania in your cabin?" I asked with a teasing smile.

"No, I haven't. I like that we have a bit of privacy. If mum finds out, even living in another country, it wouldn't stop her." He said as he grabbed a couple of butterbeers from the ice box and handed one over. I chuckled as I twisted off the cap. "So, I hear there is a dance in a few weeks."

"There is."

"Who are you going with?"

"I don't know if I'll be going." I muttered to myself, but Charlie heard it as he quirked an eyebrow. "It's still a month away, we'll see." I shrugged.

"Nobody asked you yet?" He asked surprised.

"No, we only found out last week, so..."

"So, plenty of time, I agree." Charlie leaned back on his sofa. "But you should really go, this is something that is probably going to happen only once in your life. I wish I was back at school."

"Maybe you could be my date." I grinned at him, leaning back and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'll be back in Romania by then, otherwise it would be my honour."

"Your honour to do what?" Bash's voice came from the tent entrance. We glanced at Bash with a smile, and I felt Bash and Charlie giving each other silent communication above my head, because suddenly his face was serious and he walked over quickly, dropping down next to me. I let my head fall on his chest while Charlie held my hand. "What happened, little one?"