95/96

After another three days at Bill's, Bash and I apparated to Cedric's house. Bash explained it was his big brother duty to take me to Ced's house, but I knew he was just worried. We appeared right in front of the door, and I rang the doorbell. Not even a minute later the door flew open, and Cedric stood there with a large grin.

"Winnie." He pulled me in a tight hug.

"Hey, Ced." I chuckled in his chest. We pulled away smiling.

"Happy holidays, Bash." They shook hands. "How is wedding planning going?" He asked as we followed him inside. Bash placed my trunk near the stairs before we sat down at the kitchen island.

"Been making progress." Bash smiled as Olive greeted us with a cup of tea. "You're invited to the wedding, of course Cedric."

"So, keep July 28 th free." I grinned behind my cup.

"I'll put it on my calendar."

"We actually went shopping a few days ago." Bash said.

"He'll make everyone swoon this summer." I nudged my brother with a smile.

"Me? Did you forget your dress?" He said with a raised eyebrow and a crooked grin.

"Can't wait to see it." Cedric's eyes twinkled. "Do you have it with you?"

"No, it's safely being stored at Bill's flat." I chuckled.

"Speaking of, I better get going. The portkey in Bill's flat will leave in -" He glanced to his watch. "Ten minutes." He hopped off from the stool. "Thanks for the tea, Olive."

"Anytime, Sebastian." She smiled lovely.

"I'll see you soon." He hugged me before planting a kiss on my cheek. "Happy new year, little one."

"Happy new year, big brother." With a last goodbye, he walked out of the house, and I could hear the small pop as he disappeared.

"Why don't you help Gwen with her trunk, Cedric." His mum suggested as she cleared the empty cups. Cedric nudged his head to the stairs, and they walked up.

"So, how was it at Bill's?" He asked once he dropped on his bed, and I unpacked my things.

"It was fun. Bill's a funny guy." I said as I placed my shirts in the closet. "Did you know he's a curse breaker?"

"No." He pondered.

"Here." I tossed him Bill's book. "I know you're still deciding, but I also know you're in the right classes for becoming a curse breaker." I walked over when I saw his confused look. "Bill thought I might like it."

"With your parents." He stated and I nodded.

"Yeah, I told him I want to travel and said that the things in here might come in handy, if I come across... odd things."

"Odd?" Cedric chuckled.

"Yes, odd." I punched his shoulder and went back to unpacking.

"Oh, we're on our own on new year's. Mum and dad are going out for dinner."

"Ok." I looked over my shoulder to him. "Have any plans for us?"

"Depends." He said looking at me. "Are you allowed to go out?" He gave me a lopsided grin.

"He prefers for me to stay here. But he doesn't need to know everything, does he?" I grinned devilishly.

"Then I have a plan." He rubbed his hands. "Lyra told me about a muggle club in London. We can get dinner there, and when the clock strikes nine it turns into a dance club."