The Manor

"Hold up." I stopped Tonks/Thomas as I placed my hand on her arm. We were just around the corner of the manor, the streets still dark and empty. I unclasped the necklace and handed it over. "Here."

"What is it?"

"It's charmed. It had blood magic in it to keep me or Cedric safe. But I modified it a little, and I don't know for sure, but I hope it works on you too."

"Metamorphous magic?" She asked as I clicked the necklace shut behind her neck. I placed a disillusionment charm over it, and it vanished from sight.

"Yeah, it works in theory." I frowned a little, then shook my head shaking the unknown and insecurity away. "Ready?"

"As I ever be." She said and we turned the corner. The manor was huge, surrounded by high iron gates. You could hear the honking of the white peacocks that roamed the land. Tonks and I didn't talk as we walked up the steps of the house. The air around us still and cold, I felt the trickle of unknown magic around me. Before we had a chance to knock, the door opened.

The hallway was dark and empty, but the moment we stepped in we could feel the push of magic. It tried to search for Polyjuice potion, other disguising methods and Helga knows what else. Tonks and I just stood still and looked at the closed door in front of us. The magic tugged and pulled at us, it felt like someone was giving us a colonoscopy. Which I only found out what that was when we were working in Australia. After a few minutes, the second door opened.

"Dawling. Masters, get in." A gruff voice said. It was a death eater I didn't recognize. He was a head shorter than my disguise, around forty, if I had to take a guess and was bold except for a few stray hairs. "The meeting is starting."

We followed him through the house, and I tried not to glance around in wonder too much. Because even though the house was filled with dark wizards, it was beautiful. Maybe a little too green for my taste, but otherwise. I didn't dare glance in Tonks' direction and my face was completely blank as we entered a large dining area. The table in the middle of the room could fit almost twenty people. I hid the shock of surprise when I saw Draco Malfoy sitting between his parents. All three looked like they were going to be sick. He didn't look up at our arrival, his gaze was permanently fixed on the table. We took the last seats at the table and waited. Almost fifteen minutes later, where nobody spoke, Bellatrix Lestrange walked in. Her evil, and smug smirk was in place as she took the seat of the head of the table.

"As the dark lord is otherwise occupied, you'll report to me." Merlin, I wanted to slap that stupid entitled smirk of her face. "Masters, Dawling." She looked to Tonks and me.

"We had a dozen of young muggle and muggle born kids in our safe house in Edinburgh." I started in an excellent impression of a death eater who had to report to their leader. "But we were ambushed."

"Those pathetic men of the Order." Tonks continued as she spat the name out in disgust. "Someone, let something slip." She narrowed her eyes to an older wizard at the other end of the table. The eyes of the man she was impersonating were small and almost as black as the night, the big bushy eyebrows nearly covered the eyes completely as she squinted.

"I did no such thing!" The older wizard, named Marcos Deguise huffed.

"Bar on Cockburn ring a bell?" She snarled, and I truly was impressed by her acting. She must have mimicked our old professor, because she almost sounded like Snape.

"I - I." He didn't know what to say, and panic filled his eyes as he glanced around the table, looking for help, but nobody looked at him.

"Malfoy!" Bellatrix bellowed. "Put him with the other prisoners. Maybe he'll learn from it."