Best Birthday

"Hey." I breathed.

"I'll just -" Lee pointed behind me before he hurried inside, leaving me and George alone.

We stared at each other for a long, silent moment before he looked away. "I- uhm... About the club..."

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise. We just had our signals crossed." He said looking at the wall of the house.

"George, no-" I started but George interrupted me.

"We better find the birthday boy; Lee and I were already late. Don't want to let him wait any longer."

"Yeah." I looked down. "Right." I stepped aside. "Come in."

George walked in slowly, not looking at me and I followed after him, leaving a few metres between us. Harry had put om some kids' music and Fred was making a spectacle of showing the kids and the others some fireworks. George made his way to his twin while I leaned against the doorframe watching them. George jumped in like a well-oiled machine much to the kids delight as the show got even more spectacular. But my eyes didn't follow the fireworks or the exploding candies, it followed the way George moved his hands, the way his eyes twinkled in the exploding fireworks, the secret smile that tugged on his lips as the kids gaped up at him. When my eyes roamed to the others who were watching the things, George's eyes were on me, but I didn't see it because every time I looked back, he was looking at the kids or Fred.

"So, you and George, huh?" Bash had come up next to me and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Not really." I sighed and looked to Bash.

He scoffed at me. "Everyone at the party can see it, little one."

"I messed it up anyway." I muttered looking at the ground. Bash wrapped his arm around me and pulled me against him.

"Tell me. What did I miss?"

I let out a strangled laugh before I told him about the last couple of months.

"Mummy! Mummy!" CJ came running over to me and Bash. "Did you see what Uncle Freddie and Uncle George did?" He was practically bouncing. I smiled as I kneeled in front of him.

"I did, sweetie." I stroked his cheek. "They are pretty amazing, aren't they?"

"Yeah!" He breathed out. "They told us we could play with the endless streamers, and they would do more after the cake."

"And let me guess, you want the cake now?" Bash chuckled.

"Please." He pouted, giving me his puppy dog eyes that reminded me of Cedric so much. "It's my birthday."

"Alright." I laughed, and felt the others look at me. "Let me go get it."

"Catch me!" CJ yelled and ran towards Bash. Bash caught him easily and threw him over his shoulder before running around in the garden as I went to the kitchen.

I was placing the candles on the large dragon cake when Molly walked in. She gasped as she saw the cake. "That cake is amazing! Where did you get it?"

"I made it." I smiled softly as I lit the candles the muggle way.

"I didn't know you could bake."

"I didn't. Not before CJ anyway." I chuckled. "I took cooking classes after he turned one."

"Cooking classes? You mean to say you made that from scratch, the muggle way?" She asked impressed.