A Hell Of A Crib

"I think we should leave. Stay with Bill or Lee." Fred said as they tinkered away in the garage. It was still early in the morning, and Guinevere decided to sleep in as she seemed more tired than before. It's been a week and a half since movie night with Tonks, and Guinevere had changed. Nothing major, just little things and quite unnoticeable. But Fred had a feeling what it might be after seeing his mother pregnant with his younger siblings and seeing Tonks the past months.

"What? Why?" George looked up from his cauldron.

"I think you know." Fred said adding valerian into his own cauldron. Staying here for over more than two weeks has been an eyeopener. George still had deep feelings for Guinevere, even if he didn't know it himself or he does know but pushed them aside. Whatever it was, the moment Cedric would be back, or it would come out she's pregnant, it will hit him like a stray bludger.

George opened and closed his mouth as he looked to his brother, then. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"George." Fred sighed. "Cedric's coming back today. That means, no late-night discussions, no more food wars, or even the little book club you didn't think I knew about."

"We just discussed a book or two, and with all the other things you've been present."

"Perhaps, but I'm not in love with her."

A long silence stretched out between them as they looked at each other. George broke first and looked down at his cauldron. "I don't know why you think I'm still in love with her, we've barely seen each other before we came here. We broke up a long time ago."

"So? I don't think you ever fell out of love with her."

"I'm not listening to this." He cleared his station and walked out of the garage.

"George!" Fred called after him, but he didn't get an answer.

I was pacing in the living room, my eyes flickered to the clock above the fireplace every few seconds. When I turned again, the twins were standing in front of me, carrying bags. I stopped in my tracks at the sight.

"You're leaving?" My voice was sad, and it cracked a little, damn hormones.

"We've been taking advantage of you for far too long, and Ced's going to be here soon. And you two deserve some privacy." Fred said, his bag already on the floor as he walked towards me. He engulfed me in a tight hug, that I let myself sink into. Because I loved being there with the twins, they made me laugh and kept me occupied, not letting my mind go to worst case scenarios. Tears prickled in my eyes, I looked over Fred's shoulder and George was still standing on the same spot, looking uncomfortable.

"I'm going to miss you."

"We'll miss you too, love." Fred kissed my cheek when we pulled apart. "Maybe you can come on the radio show next time."

"I think Ced's better suited for that than me." I smiled, I glanced between Fred and George. "Maybe if we find a safe time, we could have another movie night."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." George sends me a sad smile that I couldn't figure out. So, I just stepped towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist. His arms went hesitantly around me, before he rested his cheek against the side of my head. "Thank you for everything."

"You guys are leaving?" A new voice said, and I could hear the smirk in it. My heart stammered fast because I've missed the sound of his voice for the past three weeks. I let George go and whirled around. Cedric was standing there, unharmed just a little dirty with his duffel bag over his shoulder. "Hi, love."