Catching Up

"Harry!" I jumped up from the blanket. When I reached him, I pulled the stunned boy, or rather man, in a tight hug

"Gwen." He whispered in shock as his arm wrapped around me. We hugged for a while. I could hear the kids play in the background. When Harry pulled back, he looked me up and down. "You look good, Northon."

"You look..." I glanced him up and down with a smirk.

"I know, without my Auror suit, I'm not very much to look at." He grinned.

"Don't be daft, you're handsome." I slapped his chest.

"You hear that, Andy?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and turned us to look at her. "Handsome." He grinned, pointing to himself. Andy rolled her eyes but was distracted when two boys laughed loudly. The three of us looked at the boys who were doing the sloth grip in the air.

"Is that?" Harry asked, looking from CJ to me.

"My son, yes." I smiled. "You've never met him, did you." I asked, now just realizing it.

I've seen Harry the past few years, but CJ was never there. I went to Andy for Teddy's birthday the past three years, but only after the large group had gone, like the Weasleys. They treated Teddy like he was family, which was truly amazing. The thought of seeing the twins there, had send me in a panic attack the first two times, but Andy always made sure everyone was gone, except Harry. The first year after I left, I didn't come over. Even with CJ, I was still trying to work through my depression. I wasn't ready to face anyone then. The year after, I saw Harry for a mere of twenty minutes. He had come in late. But he had to leave after twenty minutes for an assignment from work. Then two birthdays ago, Harry and I saw each other for a full evening, but CJ was taken ill, so he stayed with Bash and Charlie in Romania, much to their delight. We made it up with Teddy a few days later and invited him and Andy over to Romania. And Teddy's last birthday, about five months ago, Harry was away for assignment again, and he was gone for nearly three weeks then.

Then Teddy, still hanging upside down, noticed his godfather. He let himself fall to the ground as he ran over. "Uncle Harry!"

"Hey, Tedster." He kneeled down and hugged him tight. When he pulled back, Teddy's eyes were wide.

"You know Aunt Winnie?"

"I do." Harry smiled. "I met her back in school." Harry's eyes flickered over Teddy's shoulder. CJ, unusual quiet, was walking over slowly.

"Mummy?" He said, his eyes flickering between me and Harry. I kneeled down next to Harry, and CJ wrapped his little arms around me.

"This is Harry. Remember the stories I told you about daddy. About the tournament with the dragons and all." He nodded enthusiastically.

"You helped daddy." He said between my arms but looking at Harry.

"Your daddy helped me; he was very brave."

"The bravest." I kissed CJ's head. "Harry, meet CJ, Cedric Junior."

"Nice to meet you, CJ. I hear you're Teddy's best friend." He smiled at the boy with purple hair, who gave a determined nod. "That's good, because I brought you something. And since CJ is your best friend, I thought you could share." He rummaged in his pockets before he took out a little purple and orange box. My stomach twisted a little as I recognized where it came from. "While I would say, don't spend it all in once. Your uncles would say, spend it all, you're only young once." He chuckled. The box contained kids proof sweets and little fireworks.

The boys looked at each other and said. "Wicked!" They ran through the garden Teddy already sharing the contents of the box. They sat down in the sandbox and started eating the candies.