Dates

George pulled me into the boathouse where a fire was blazing, and I quickly shed of my coat and gloves. A decked table was standing on the edge of the boathouse that looked over the lake. Candles were scattered around the room, music playing softly in the background. I smiled at George when he came back after putting my things away.

"All this for a date?" I leaned into him as he stepped behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Not just a date, our first date." He said before he placed a kiss in my neck. I tilted my head to look at him.

"You're setting the bar high for future dates, you know." I smirked, his eyes twinkled as he looked at me and started to lean down. "Sorry." I placed a finger on his lips and his eyebrows disappeared behind his hair. "I don't kiss on the first date."

"What about five minutes ago?" He asked baffled.

"We weren't on a date then." I clicked my tongue. George pursed his lips before he gave me another lopsided grin and unwrapped his arms. I pouted at the loss of touch, but George just moved the chair for me to sit in. I smiled at him as he sat down on the other side of the table.

"Cider?" He asked holding up my favourite bottle.

"How did y– Cedric?" I interrupted myself as I held out my glass.

"He may have given me some pointers." I smiled a little as he filled the glass.

"It's still weird you became so close all of the sudden." I looked over the rim of my glass to him.

"Common interests." He winked and I rolled my eyes. With a wave of his wand two plates of pasta came flying over. "Dig in." He grinned before he turned his fork in the pasta.

"So, what's going on with Bagman?" I asked after dinner. George looked at me with the largest eyes I've ever seen, making me chuckle. "I've seen you and Fred trying to talk to him. I even heard you two mutter his name under your breaths."

"You're too perceptive." George leaned back with a grin. I noticed his face shift for a split second, and if I wasn't watching him or knew him, it would have passed me.

"You don't need to tell me."

"No, it's not that..." He rubbed his hand over his face. "I want to, but I don't know if Fred wants me to."

"Forget I mentioned it. Tell about the daydream charms you're working on." I changed to subject. "Still having trouble?"

"Yeah, we're stuck on the timing..." He started telling everything about their progress and fails. That was one of the things she learned early on, if you want to change a subject quickly with the twins, throw in a question about on of their products. I smiled as I leaned my head on my hand and watch his eyes twinkle as he spoke.

We were walking hand in hand towards the Hufflepuff commons after the date ended, the corridors empty as it was near curfew. George twirled me around when we reached the commons and once again, I landed flush against him.

"Thank you for this, George. I had an amazing time."

"Me too." His smile wide. "So, can I take you on another date?"

"I need to sleep on that." I grinned. His hand squeezed my waist and his eyes darkened.

"Maybe I should sleep with you, so that I'm sure you make the right decision."

I licked my lips and push him away. "Going slow, remember?"

"I know." He said with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.