Pre-Ball

The month leading up to the ball went by quick and slow at the same time. Quick because I had the twins to keep me busy, slow because I haven't said a word to Cedric since the first task. Did he try to talk to me? Maybe. Did he push to talk to me? No. He tried to talk to me the next day, but after that he just glanced from the other side of the room. He was still with Cho so what is there to talk about? I bared my soul and my heart out. I finally told him how I felt but he still chose to stay with her. So, I stayed away, I tried to move on which wasn't easy. Even though the twins didn't know what happened after the first task, they knew something happened as I was spending more time with them and in the Gryffindor commons. But they never asked about it, instead they just dragged me with everything they did, even their pranks. The first time they roped me into it, I didn't know what they had planned and when it came to it, it was too late to back out. But I had fun and Lee made sure I wasn't in anyway connected to the prank. I enjoyed my time with the Gryffindors. Not only the twins, but it was also nice to reconnect with Lee. Or even to get to know Hermione and her friends better. Lyra and Odin felt torn, trying not to pick sides. I told them what happened, and they were furious. They only talked to Cedric when Cho wasn't clinging to his side which wasn't often.

It was a week before the ball, and nobody had asked me. I was in my dorm, standing in front of the mirror in my dress my mum had bought. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I felt sad that I didn't have a chance to show it. I heard the gasp before I saw Lyra standing in the doorway with Odin.

"You look amazing!"

"Thanks." A sad smile on my face. "Too bad nobody is going to see it."

"They will. I'm surprised George hasn't asked you." She said as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Me too. I mean I don't know if I would've said yes, because I don't know if I'm ready, but..."

"Someone will ask, I know it. I'm guessing before the end of this week."

"That's in two days!" I said incredulously as I looked to her on the mirror.

"I'm with Lyra." Odin announced from the door.

"Of course, you are." I chuckled. "I'm going to change; I'm meeting up with the twins."

"Oh, that's why we came here. They are here."

"Here?" I squeaked. "In the common room?"

"Yeah."

"Fuck, okay. Give me a minute." The couple nodded and walked out of the dorm, closing the door behind them.

I quickly changed into something more comfortable and walked nervously to the common room. Cedric was sitting the corner of the room, alone for once, glaring daggers at the twins. I rolled my eyes to myself, because he doesn't have any reason to act like that. My smile turned wide when I saw the boys looking at the Hufflepuff common room in interest. They haven't even notice me coming in. A few Hufflepuff girls where giggling at something they said. I was so focused on George that I didn't see that Lee was with them and he snuck up next to me.

"Seems like you're falling for a certain Weasley twin."

I snapped my head at him. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Right." He grinned. "What were you doing anyway?"

"I was trying on my dress, not that it matters." I muttered as we walked towards the twins. "It's not like anyone asked me." I saw Lee look at me wide-eyed.

"Asked you what?" George asked, hearing the last part of the conversation.

"To the ball." I glanced down to the ground, so I missed the look the three boys shared with each other.