Finding Guinevere

Guinevere had just left the table in a hurry and George looked confused at the empty spot next to him. "What just happened?" He turned slowly to Fred and Lee.

"Don't know." Lee frowned. "What did she wanted to talk to you about earlier?"

"It has nothing to do with that." George insisted, but Fred gave him a look. "We promised each other to always be honest with one another. So, she came to tell me that she slept in the same bed as Cedric, because Lyra had locked her out of her room."

"Jenny wouldn't do anything."

"I know." George said quickly. "I trust her completely, and I know that Cedric wouldn't do anything either."

"So, if that's not the problem. What is?"

"Beats me." George groaned, rubbing his hand over his face. "She even said it back to me."

"Really?" The two gasped.

"Yeah." George smiled dreamily.

"Then what could it be?" Fred racked his brain over what it could be and looked to the Hufflepuff table, but only seeing the back of Guinevere's head. Today her hair was dark brown, that stopped just over her shoulders.

It took them three days before they figured it out, before Lee figured it out actually. Gwen didn't act differently towards him, but she was a little more distant than usual. She kept herself busy in the library or the Hufflepuff commons as she studied with her friends. George, Fred and Lee were sitting in their dorm, finishing up the last skiving boxes as they talked about it again.

"George." Lee said slowly, dragging his name with a frown. He was sitting on his bed, packing up the newly made sweets.

"Yeah?" George asked looking up from the cauldron with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you ask Jenny what her plans were this summer, or ask her to meet up with up?"

George dropped the ladle into the green liquid in the cauldron as his eyes turned wide. FUCK! Fred looked surprised to his twin. "Please tell me you asked her to come to the burrow this summer. Or meet up.. Something?"

"Shit!" George jumped up.

"Oh, George." Lee and Fred groaned, shaking their heads.

"You told her you loved her, she finally said it back. And you didn't ask her?"

"I'm a fucking idiot!"

"Can't argue with that, twin-o-mine." Fred clapped his back.

"I got to go find her."

"Yes, you do."

"I'll see you guys later." George practically ran out of the room, leaving Lee and Fred behind as they shook their heads again. Fred took George's place in front of the cauldron and fished out the ladle to continue their work.

George made his way to the library first. Madam Pince looked suspiciously at him, and it took him nearly ten minutes to convince her that he was just looking for someone and that he didn't plan a prank here. So, he started to walk through the library, looking behind every shelf, looking at every table. He saw Harry, Ron and Hermione sitting at one of the tables and went to ask them if they had seen her.

"Hey, guys. Has Guinevere been here by any change?"

"She was here -" Hermione looked at her watch. "- a little over an hour ago."