Three Little Words

Lyra and I were getting ready in our dormitory for the twins' birthday party in the Gryffindor tower. I let Gryffindor red stripes appear in my hair as I put it in a high ponytail. I pulled on my high-waist skinny jeans and burgundy top George loved so much and picked up the boys' gift and we headed out to the common room where Cedric and Odin were waiting. Lyra kissed Odin before locking their arms and walking out of the room first. Cedric wrapped his arms around me, and we followed after the couple.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, looking sideways at him.

"No." He shrugged. "I mean I probably will be, but the third task is three months away."

"Hm, well since you don't have much to do then, you can help me prepare for my exams." I grinned.

"Only for you, Winnie." He smiled. "Everything still going good between you and lover boy."

"Yes." I chuckled. "It's been great actually. And I'm really happy that you and the twins get along now."

"Me too. If I'm being honest, I'm afraid at what kind of party they are going to throw."

I laughed at his serious expression. "It doesn't get too wild. McGonagall is more strict than Sprout."

"Thank Helga for that than." He chuckled. "Or our parties would be lame."

"Have you had any problems with Cho recently?"

"No. After I broke up with her at Christmas, she backed off. She still glares at me, or you. But other than that..."

"That's good." I nodded.

"What about you and Angelina?" I frowned as I thought it over.

"Glares of course, even after all these months. But other than that... I just don't know if she has given up or if she still plotting something."

"Hm. Have you asked the twins about it?"

"No, I don't want them to worry."

"Alright, but if something happens you come to me, okay? Or if you just have an inkling that she's about to do something."

"I will, I promise. Thanks, Ced."

"Anytime." He kissed the top of my head.

"So... you got your sights on a girl?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. Even after being with George for three months, I was still afraid of the answer.

"No." He said slowly gauging my reaction. I looked down to the floor and internally let out a breath of relief. I know it wasn't fair to George, but feelings don't just disappear. But my feelings for George were strong, and I think I'm really falling in love with him as I try to put my feelings for Cedric aside. "Maybe I can snog a girl tonight." He chuckled. "But not ready to be in a serious relationship.

"Come on! The fat lady won't let the portrait open forever!" Lyra cried out from the top of the stairs.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist, Davis!" Cedric called back laughing as we climbed the stairs. When we reached the stairs, we heard the music playing loudly already and I saw people dancing and drinking in the common room. I ducked my head to the other side of the open painting and smiled at the fat lady.

"Mathilda, how are you?"

"I'm excellent, my child. I'm actually off to go drink some wine a few paintings down." She giggled.

"Oh, then I better let you to it." I winked.

"Better give your birthday boy a good snog, Gwen." She giggled again before she walked out of her painting. I turned to look at the others who were watching me.