Wearing White

I opened the door to the bedroom and my mouth dropped open in shock. A beautiful wedding gown was hanging on the four-poster bed. It had short, laced sleeves, a shy V-neck, and the front of the dress was just above the knee, while the dress went longer in the back, until it reached the floor. My fingers grazed over the soft fabric, and I had a strange feeling I recognised the dress from somewhere. But before I had a chance to figure it out, a voice came from behind me.

"Here is the bride to be."

I whipped my head so quickly, I thought I might have sprained my neck. Bash and Charlie were leaning against the doorframe, both smiling at me. I leaped forward and wrapped my arms around the both of them. Gods, I had missed them. I haven't seen them since the sanctuary this summer. Their arms were around me within a second, I buried my face in Bash's neck.

"We missed you too, little one." Bash answered my unsaid words.

"I'm so happy you are here." I said as I pulled back with a large smile on my face.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Bash smiled and looked behind me. "You like the dress?"

"I love it." I looked at the dress and back to the two men in front of me.

"It was mums, but Charlie and I tweaked it a bit." He grinned and Charlie winked at me. "I know mum and dad aren't coming, but at least a part of them is here."

"I love you two so much. And just like it was with you, I only need you here."

"We love you too." Charlie pulled me in a side hug. "I can't believe you're getting married. It looks like just yesterday, when I showed you the Thestrals for the first time when you were eleven." He started to laugh. "I still remember the smell when you tripped in a fresh pile of dung." He was holding his side as he doubled over laughing.

"And now you're uninvited to my wedding." I said with hands on my hips.

"Alright." He straightened and tried to hold in his laughter. "I'm done." Then he crinkled his nose and the laughter started up again. Because of his laughter none of them heard Cedric step out of the bedroom.

"What's so funny?" He asked as he appeared behind Charlie.

"Get out!" Bash said and Charlie stopped laughing, looking surprised at his outburst. "The dress is in here, you can't see it."

"Those are muggle traditions." Cedric and I said in unison.

"So? You don't want back luck, do you?" Bash pursed his lips and looked back to Cedric. "Now get out, so we can get her ready."

"Can I at least kiss my fiancé?"

Charlie frowned. "That sounds weird." He shook his head.

"Well, it's going to be wife in a little over an hour." I grinned and poked Charlie's side.

"Yeah, no. You're like my baby sister, not someone's wife."

"And you're like my big brother, but you're still someone's husband. My brother's husband, I might add."

"Yeah, well." He retorted but stopped short. "Well - I'm older."

I looked at him. Then to Bash and Cedric before I started laughing, loudly. My tips of my hair were changing colours again. I pushed past my brothers and wrapped my arms around Cedric's neck, still laughing. He looked at me with love in his eyes and a lopsided smile before he leaned in and stopped my laughter. I sighed happily and leaned into the kiss.

"Alright, that's enough." Bash cleared his throat and pulled me back. "We'll get her ready. You get ready and see about your folks." He shooed Cedric away. Cedric winked at me before he turned to the second bedroom.