Chapter 107 - First revelations

A/N: Today I brought to you mostly filler chapter, but I like to write such chapters with interactions between Y/N, Armin and their friends. AoT final was great, I'm still a little sad, re-watching season two now. For some reason, I got inspiration for new story in canon AU, but I'm not sure that it's a good idea to write it, since the anime has ended. And I still have an idea for continuation for this story, which I probably will make as a separated book, because this book is too long already... or it's okay and I can continue here?

***

The creak of the door opening was heard. Armin and Hitch immediately turned their attention to the corridor.

Jean didn't have time, as he was sitting with his back to the exit from the dining room. He didn't have time to see who it was, but from the edges of the flashing clothes he realized that there was someone else in this apartment. He turned to his interlocutors, he saw that Armin looked very calm, but his reddened tips of ears showed that he was embarrassed, and Hitch... for some reason, calmly drank tea, as if nothing had happened. Or maybe she was just masterfully hiding her interest?

- Armin? Who...

- I need to step away for a second.

Armin stood up abruptly and headed out of the dining room. He went out into the corridor. Y/N wasn't there. He went to the bathroom. He knocked quietly and entered. Y/N stood in front of the mirror, washing her face.

- Good morning.

- Oh, honey, hi. Apparently we have guests?

- Yes... Hitch brought Jean. He was looking for me and... she didn't pass by, lets put it that way. This isn't a problem, is it?

Y/N looked at him.

- Why do you look so guilty?

- Well, uh... I just let them in without asking you and...

She turned to him, placing her hands on his cheeks.

- This is now your home too, remember? Do what you want, okay? And you don't need to ask me. And I don't mind that they came.

- But we just wanted to tell our friends about us in the different way. And here...

- Well, nothing can be done. In the end, everyone will soon find out anyway. And... you'd probably better tell Annie about this in person, I think it would be difficult for her to find out from someone else.

- Eh... yes, you're right...

Y/N smiled at him and continued washing her face.

- I'm going to quickly take a shower now, and... if our guests stay, then it's okay.

- How are you feeling? Slept well?

- I'm fine, but I admit, this is not how I wanted to wake up today.

- Me too...

Armin hugged her from behind, resting his head on her shoulder.

- I'll go back. Although I would prefer to take a shower with you. I didn't even wash my face.

Y/N pecked him on the cheek and pushed him out of the bathroom.

***

Meanwhile in the dining room...

- Do you know what's going on?

- What are you talking about, Jean?

- Seriously, Hitch? It's clear from you that you know everything. Otherwise, you would already be in the corridor, eavesdropping and spying...