Chapter 50 - Revealing the intentions

- You look tired, Y/N... Have you been looking for us for a long time?

- It was difficult days, Hange. You probably understand...

They sat down by the fire and Hange made tea for Y/N, seeing the girl's poor condition.

- Thanks, Hange. It helps me to be awake. Who knows when we'll be able to sleep...

- The situation isn't easy, but... how did you even get here? From the Capital the road isn't close.

- Oh, yes, you don't know... In general, I didn't get to the Capital. When I wanted to leave, Floch and his men kidnapped me and forcibly brought me to Shiganshina by Eren's request. And then... there was this whole wine thing, you should be aware and...

- The wine thing? Don't tell me you're too...

- Yes, I took off the armband, but I still have it in my bag - as a reminder - listen when they tell you that alcohol is evil.

- But... since you're here... no, I know that all of ours who drank...

- Turned into titans? Yes, they were. But... apparently the research that I conducted on myself changed something. But that's not the point now... After everyone turned into titans, I went to look for you. And... why didn't you go back to Shiganshina, to the others? They need a leader now more than ever.

- First of all, traveling with Levi in such a state... is quite difficult. Secondly, yesterday I met two Marleyans - a girl who owns a Cart titan, and the commander of the Marley army, of which, as I understand, there is little left. And... we formed an alliance, sort of. They'll help our people and their people get out of the city, and together we'll coordinate actions to prevent what Eren has planned. This is the best variant. We can't act alone right now. They told me everything that happened in the city. And given that all the Jaegerists have stopped looking for us, they've most likely already taken over the city.

- So, we sit still here while we wait?

- For now, you can rest...

- No, I'll examine Levi. The sooner I figure out how to help him, the more likely that there will be no irreversible injuries.

Y/N took off her ODM and took her bag, where she always carried a bunch of different medicines. She and Hange approached Levi, who was still asleep.

- I... stitched him. Not my best work, but I had no options. I'm afraid he lost sight in one eye, but I'm not sure. A thunder spear exploded beside him. You yourself know what the consequences are. I think he has a lot of bruises inside. I didn't believe it at all when it turned out that he had survived.

- It's all right, Hange. I'll deal. He'll get better, he is Ackermann.

Y/N started digging in her bag, pulling out one or the other.

- Hange, how long ago did you put on the bandages?

- About a day and a half ago. That's all I had, so... at least I did it.

- Well, I'll take them off, it's necessary to disinfect the wounds, so that nothing prevents healing, and I'll put on new ones. To restore the internal organs, I don't have everything... I'll have to look for some herbs in the forest. And the eye... Do you think he'll wake up if I examine his eye?

- You can take a chance. He's going to be in a bad mood anyway, you know him.

- «Okay, I'll do everything at once», said Y/N, standing up, «Hange, I'm looking around the area - I need to collect some herbs, and then... we'll wake him up. And as for the eye – I'll assume the worst, but still, I'll try to save his sight»