Chapter 23 - No more secrets

TW: violence - If you're not comfortable with mentions of violence and violent behavior - please, consider skipping this chapter

***

Y/N started from the beginning - from Mitras, where it all began. She didn't go into details, as she did with Armin, but she did mention the main points of their communication with the commander. The story was given to her hard, either from the burden of memories and restrained emotions, or from a still weak state.

From time to time, the guys asked questions, but everything went quite calmly, given the atmosphere. Y/N was still weak, it was a dark night, military police officers wandered around somewhere. The guys sat in a circle, Armin held Y/N by the hand, supporting her in this difficult conversation. He knew most of what she was saying, so, he didn't really listen to her, but rather watched her expression.

- So, when you left then, in Ehrmich, did you go to the Capital to spy for the commander?

- Yes, after it was revealed that the Order of the Walls, which is directly connected to the royal palace and nobles, and all this news about Historia, was involved in the secrets of the titans and the walls, the commander decided that it was time for me to play my part. He never talked about it until that day. I thought that probably our relationship with him and his relationship with my father were hidden for a reason. And all this story about a rural clinic... During these two weeks I lied more than in the rest of my life. And how is everyone here? I'm not really aware of what's going on. Erw... The commander told only the main points, without details, he told what happened after Ehrmich, and then everything was only from the words of Hange.

- «At first, we were hiding, as the commander wanted. But the situation with Eren and Historia was escalating - this Anti-Personnel Control Squad appeared under the leadership of... Kenny Ackermann? By the way, are you sure that's his name?» Jean began to tell.

- «Yes, I saw him once, and I perfectly heard how he was addressed ...», she looked at Mikasa. «Do you know him?»

- No, Captain Levi also asked me about it. I got the impression that he knows more than he says. He talked about strength... that Kenny had strength, just like I had as a child, and then he talked about himself... I didn't quite understand what he meant, and he didn't continue this conversation.

- Interesting... But, so, what happened to all of you?

- The captain wanted to go to this Anti-Personnel Control Squad, but other people attacked us. They grabbed Armin and me, thinking they were kidnapping Eren and Historia, and then...

- «Why did they think that? Maybe I'm still slow thinking, but...», Y/N looked at Armin and the others. «Why is everyone so quiet?»

- «I'll tell you everything later, Y/N», said Mikasa, the only one who retained something like composure.

Armin looked at Mikasa and thanked her with a look. This story was still difficult for him to perceive.

- Okay, but if they weren't kidnapped then...

- «It was after. When we no longer suspected. We were attacked by this Anti-Personnel Control Squad. They... killed some of the scouts who were helping us. They had this new ODM, and I...», Jean hesitated, he was still ashamed of being a coward.

- «Jean was almost shot. If it wasn't Armin, he wouldn't be here», Connie said. «When Eren finds out that Armin was stronger than you, Jean, it'll be fun»

- «There's nothing funny in this, Connie» Armin said, unconsciously squeezing Y/N's hand tightly, now looking for support in this gesture. «I killed a man. I'm no better than all these people who kill scouts»