Chapter 27 - First step towards something more

- Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, Commander Hange - welcome! I'm glad to see you all!

- «Queen», Commander Erwin bowed slightly as he smiled at Historia.

- Let's not formalize, we're not in the palace.

They started unloading things. Erwin and Levi, as usual, were on the easy side. Hange, in addition to their things, brought a long box with the result of their work, which they wanted to present to the others.

Unlike Hange, Erwin, and Levi, Y/N brought all of her belongings, plus some equipment that she asked to be brought in for her from her apartment in the Capital. She was already unpacking her things, but...

- «Y/N! Finally, you have arrived. I thought you were coming along with the others», Historia hugged the girl. «And judging by your bags, you'll stay. Don't touch it, I'll ask to help you»

- But it's fragile...

- Let's go inside. I think you want to discuss a lot with us.

Everyone returned to the dining room. They were served tea. Historia began to question the Commander about some of the queen's business while she had the chance. Y/N paid no attention to anyone, enjoying hot tea and biscuits. They had been driving all night, so, her only goal now was not to pass out from fatigue. Nevertheless, this trip didn't tire her companions at all. Hange started to say something, and Y/N propped her head on her hand and closed her eyes.

- Y/N?

- Oh, what did you say, Hange?

- Are you sleeping?

- Only quite a bit.

- I talked about our successes.

- Oh, yeah. Great.

- Where did I stop? Oh yes. In general, somehow Y/N came to me with her drawings of weird pipes that looked like either arrows or roofing felts...

- «Hange, okay, everyone has already understood that I'm a so-so artist», Y/N grumbled under her breath, pouring tea into her mug, which was out of her hands.

Levi, who was sitting next to her, took the teapot away from her and poured tea for her and himself as Hange continued.

- And then we started trying to realize this idea. In the end, we succeeded: the first sample was impressive, but then we... Y/N suggested that our simple heavy-duty metal wouldn't be enough to penetrate the armor of Armored Titan and... And we decided to build fragments of walls into the tips to...

- «Hange, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand how the wall pieces will help?» Eren asked. «If our blades are useless, and even with an explosion, armor can't be pierced, then...»

- «The structure of the material from which all the walls are made is identical to the structure of the crystal where Annie imprisoned herself. Everything I've tried to do with them - both react the same way. And the titans - they all basically have some kind of connection...», said Y/N, thoughtlessly looking into the mug. «Even though the crystalline form of the armor Annie used and Reiner's armor are different in appearance, the structure is the same»

- Yes, the studies helped us a lot to understand some factors, but I think we'll conduct demonstration tests a little later, so it'll be easier to explain. However, we're already making progress and have decided to produce a few of them for our future mission. I hope we can do at least a few...

- «Speaking of the future mission», Commander Erwin began. «We've really started to get ready to leave, we still have a couple of weeks left to prepare the newcomers, as well as a briefing on how to work with these... What did you call them, Hange?»