☆Chapter 62 - Behind blue eyes

Warning: slight mature content [18+] - not a lot, but I put dividers

I can't really choose the title for a chapter deciding between «Behind blue eyes» and «Another two years». As you already understood, this chapter is devoted to Armin - blondy b-day boy💙

Some songs to listen to (which I was listening to while writing this chapter): Jacob Banks - Dear Simone, The Tamper Trap - Summer's Almost Gone, Adele - Lovesong, Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You, Joji - Glimpse of Us, NF - Wait

***

«So I'm driving down this road

With no place, no place to go

Nothing but memories, only you and I

Only you and I will ever know, ay

Tears falling down my face, used to be tears of joy

You took my loving away»

***

«Its all over... For real... its over... Eren... no... Eren, how is it... you... you sacrificed yourself for all of us... Friend... I... wont forget... I will live because you gave us this opportunity... Next, we can handle everything ourselves...»

Armin stood in the fog of the battlefield. He saw Mikasa holding Eren's head in her hands. Tears streamed down her cheeks, and then... she disappeared into the fog. Armin knew she was going home. To Paradis. He knew very well that Mikasa, more than others, had no place here on the mainland. She made her decision.

The fog cleared. He began to make out the silhouettes of his comrades. He saw the Marley military surrounding his friends. Annie... Annie was there...

Armin acted confidently. He hadn't felt so... confident in a long time. It was as if... everything was... falling into place. The feeling was... intoxicating. He didn't understand how Annie ended up in his arms. Her hugs were nice. Her lips were soft. Was it real, or... an attempt to run away from the loss?

Pulling away from Annie, he turned his head to survey the battlefield. And... he saw Y/N. She was standing next to Captain Levi, but her eyes were fixed on him. She looked into his eyes. And in the eyes there were tears pain, disappointment, loss

Armin woke up. «That's it again...» His memories haunted his dreams. The room was dark. Outside it was a December night. It was relatively warm here in Herole. Now it was raining outside. Armin sat up in bed, planting his feet on the cold floor. On the other side of the bed, Annie was sleeping peacefully, her face turned away from him. He headed to the bathroom.

After rinsing his face with icy water, he leaned against the sink and stared into the mirror. He thought about why this memory constantly flickers in his dreams and... after it he always wakes up, as after nightmares... He thought, thought... until he rested his forehead in the mirror from the desire to scream. The Titans... disappeared... Bertholdt... disappeared... why did he continue to doubt himself?