Chapter 41 - Just an act of weakness

Y/N opened her eyes. She was lying on the floor in her laboratory in the Underground City. There were some tools lying next to her that had fallen off the table. The chair she was sitting on also fell. She blinked intensely as her eyes stinged for some reason. She slowly got to her feet and looked around. Everything in the room was as usual, except for the fallen instruments. She tried to understand what had happened. And did anything happen.

She picked up all the fallen things and sat back down at the table. She felt fine, as usual. She didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. But she remembered what she had done.

Y/N took a clean syringe and took some of her own blood. She wanted to know if she had achieved anything. One thing was clear - she hadn't made a fatal mistake. She didn't turn into a titan, as it usually happened. She began her standard analysis procedure. And as a result...

«I'm an idiot. I'm good for nothing. I... I've spent three years of my life chasing the idea that everything can be fixed. That everything is connected... But it's not... And even if it's... I'm talentless. I... I will not achieve anything»

Her blood remained the same as before.

She remained the same as before.

She didn't change anything.

***

- Jean, it seems that your dream has come true.

Historia invited everyone to the Capital. If Commander Hange and Captain Levi were more her advisors to the royal council, she simply missed the rest. More recently, she secretly married, she wasn't attracted to the idea of publicity, and Aidan supported her. Soon they planned to leave the Capital for some time to be alone and decide how to build their relationship further. Before leaving, Historia wanted to see her old friends from the Survey Corps. That is how they all ended up in the Capital. They had been here before, but then, they weren't allowed to leave the headquarters, because the situation was very tense. But right now...

The guys walked along the streets of the night city and were surprised that this city is really located on Paradis. It was so similar to the cities of Marley - it was more modern than Stohess, and even more so than Trost. People here dressed a little differently - here fashion went forward. They were surrounded by various shops, restaurants... All of them, even the simplest ones, looked incredible, especially in the light of night lights. Yes, after the start of cooperation with Hizuru, life on Paradis began to develop, and Mitras was the epicenter of this development. Hange even said that there were rumors that they wanted to move all the military headquarters to the Capital, since there were more opportunities here.

During the day they talked with Historia, and now the authorities let them go. They promised to return back to the palace, but the evening was just beginning.

Sasha now and then dragged everyone to a new restaurant or bakery that she saw. The food in the Capital was wonderful. Although, Niccolo still cooked better, because he cooked for her with love. She would like him to be here. They rarely saw each other because of Sasha's work and Niccolo's schedule. Since he was a captive Marleyan, he was loaded with work to the fullest, expecting that he would be imbued with life here. Nevertheless, he told Sasha that he likes what he does, and this is the most important thing.

Jean and Connie were delighted with the Capital. There were many beautiful people here. Especially women. They spent all their time in the company of scouts, most of whom were men. They knew that scouts didn't get involved in romantic relationship because their job was too dangerous. But there was another problem - there wasn't much variants to enter into a relationship with. They were young, and it was hard for them not to think that they were wasting their youth in the wrong place. Not for right things. They both wanted to know what it was like to have a close relationship with another person. But if everything was clear with Connie, then Jean... looking at Mikasa, he still hoped...