Chapter 11

Author's Pov:- 

Finally, it's the day for which Aakriti has been waiting desparately, as today is Satyanarayan Pooja at her home, and she's been waiting for this day long ago so that she can wear her favorite saree. Intentionally, they have selected Sunday for Satyanarayan Pooja so that everyone can attend it.

Aakriti's Pov:-

Today's day is going to be hectic. I woke up early in the morning to complete the work. I just got free from work, and now I'm in my room getting ready for Pooja.

As I came out of the bathroom, I changed into a beautiful white saree with a golden border and a golden blouse, which has a deep back that gives a vibe of  South Indian culture, so I wore jewelry matching that saree and did a little bit of makeup.
After getting ready, I called Nayantara.

"Hello, Nayan," I said on the phone.

Hey," she said with a cheerful voice.

"When are you coming?" I asked

"Uhh, I'm sorry, I'm not ready yet. I will be there within an hour". She said. 

"Yaar, I thought you were coming early," I said with a pout.

"Sorry, babe," she said with a sad voice.

"It's okay, but come fast," I said in a warning tone.

After a little conversation with her, I ended the call, and went directly to the kitchen. Mom was preparing some sweets and I went to help her, but she stopped me and asked me to make rangoli which is pending. As me and mom were talking, Mom asked Adwait if his friends are coming. He said, his friend Aditi is coming.

"Who is Aditi?" I asked Adwait.

"My college friend," he said directly.

"Ohh, friend or girlfriend haa?". I said, moking him.

"Shut up, Didi; she is my friend," he said with irritation.

"Achha," I said while walking outside with Rangoli colors.

As I was engaged in making rangoli, I did not realize the time, and guests started to arrive. I greeted them and again continued with the remaining work.

As I was making rangoli , I saw a car coming towards my house and thought I saw that car somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. The car stopped in front of my house, and a beautiful girl came out. I saw that girl somewhere, but I don't remember. I was going to make rangoli when I saw a familiar figure, and I looked and was shocked by the figure of the person. I stood up at my place, and he was coming in my direction. That's when he saw me, and our eyes met, and again, it felt like the whole world was stopped. I was going to say something, and that's when mom came.

"Hii Aditi beta," Mom said.

"Hello, Aunty," Aditi replied.

"How are you?" Mom asked

"Fine, aunty! How are you?" Aditi said it with a smile.

"I'm good, beta; oh, meet my big daughter, Aakriti," Mom said as she introduced me.

"Hii, Aditi," I said.

"Ohh, hii didi, Nice to meet you," she said.

"Nice to meet you too," I said.

"Beta, come inside; btw, you came alone?." Mom asked

"No, aunty, my brother dropped me," she said while looking at his brother.

"Oh, he is your brother," Mom said.

"Hello, Aunty, I'm Vivaan," he said.

"Hello beta," Mom said.

"Ok, now I'm leaving," Vivaan said as he was leaving. Mom called him.

"Vivaan beta, stop," Mom said.

"Yes, aunty," he said as he looked back.

"You came till here; please come inside for pooja; don't go without attending that; it's not good," Mom said in a pleasing voice.

"Mom," I said in a low voice.
(But she ignored my voice like I did not exist.)

"But aunty, I have work," he said.

"Please come, beta. It will be great if you will join the pooja." Mom said

"Yaa bhai, stay na," Aditi said to him.

"Mom, he might be busy; don't bother him," I said to Mom.

"Shut up." Mom stopped me.

"Okay, fine, aunty," he said as he came back to us.

While we were walking inside, Mom said

"Arre beta, I didn't introduce you to my big daughter, "she said while looking at me.

"She is my daughter, Aakriti," she said while gesturing for me to say hello.

"Hello," I said while looking down.

"Hello" he said.

And we all walked inside.

As I was busy with work, I looked at Vivaan, who was busy with my dad and brother, and they were talking and laughing. I was impressed that he mingled with my family so easily. That's when Nayantara came.

"Finally, you came," I said, exhausted.

"Sorry for being late," she said.

"It's ok, but look over there; you will get a surprise!" I said

"Omg, what is he doing here?" She asked me

"Nothing much; his sister is friend with Adwait, and he came here to drop her; that's when Mom stopped him; that's it!" I said it with a straight face.

"Oh, what a day! He's looking so hot even in casual clothes". She always gets excited when she sees him.

As I was looking at him, Papa asked him something.

"What do you do, beta?" Papa asked

"I'm a professor, uncle," he said.

"Oh, you are professor, in which college?" Mom asked.

"I'm a professor at Manipal University," he said.

"Ohh, so you're professor in my didi's college?" Said that little punk.

"Yes, I'm even her class teacher . I teach her finance," he said, looking at me.

I did not understand why he looked at me but it felt good.

"Beta, please help my daughter with finance. She's weak in that," Mom said, showing concern.

"Okay, aunty," Vivaan said, being polite.

Later, Pandit Jii arrived, and after a while, he started with the preparations of Pooja. As lots of guests were arriving there was hustle bustle at home. Due to this, I got busy attending guests and helping mom. I made all my friends sit in my room and asked them to wait for me over there.