Chapter Sixty-Five

(renee)

"Ugh," I grunted, as I got thrown into the cell with Mama. "What the hell? Don't you have some sense of respect?"

"Are you finally going to tell us your relationship with Y/N?" The demon on the other side of the bars asked, crossing their arms.

"It's Princess Y/N, to you bastard," I hissed, standing up.

"Renee, darling, just tell them, I don't want you getting hurt," Mama said, holding my face.

"No Mama, don't you get it," I mumbled, watching as the demon walked out of the dungeon and turned the corner of the hall. "Y/N is coming for us, so don't you worry about me, okay?"

"And Henley? Oh, what about him? Do you think they caught him too? What if they also caught Y/N?"

"Don't worry, Mama," I whispered, hugging her. "Y/N is strong, so believe in her as I do. You trust me, right?"

"Of course, I do, love," she nodded.

"Then you can trust Y/N."

"I'm so happy she's your girlfriend. I'm glad you found somebody like her."

"Mama..."

---

(y/n)

I reached Zagren's kingdom in a day and a half and fortunately, I ran into Garmon when I was enjoying my leisurely time there. I had decided I was going to save Renee and her mother during the nighttime, so I had taken myself on a stroll around the town. I filled him in about what was going on and why I was in Zagren's kingdom in the first place when Sonju had restricted me from ever visiting any kingdom without supervision. He said he would join me as if this was a vacation, not a rescue mission.

"Garmon, why did you even come here? When we ran into you a couple of days ago, you said you were here investigating something, what was it?" I asked him as we took a stroll around the forest.

"Some of our merchandise was going missing by large amounts and Mujika had sent me a letter to investigate it," he explained. "I figured out it was just the merchants sleeping on duty and getting their supplies stolen by some animals."

"Huh, she didn't mention that," I muttered. "You know, there was a copycat of you who came by the palace. Most likely to infiltrate and gain some intel, but Renee and I stopped them!"

"You don't say," he nodded, placing a hand on my head. "Good job kid."

"I'm not a kid, old man," I hissed, slapping his hand away.

"Calling someone young is considered a compliment y'know. Meanwhile, calling someone old is considered an insult by most," he noted. "Why do you think that is?"

"Why would it be considered an insult when it's true?"