Chapter Twenty-Eight & Twenty-Nine

(two curse words @the end of ch.29 and in a/n, sorry again :D)

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw humans standing before me, talking amongst themselves.

"Who're you?" I yelled, bringing my fists to my chest. They ignored me, and walked through me.

I flipped my head around. What the...?

"The shelter is somewhere around here," A voice spoke.

My eyes widened. Are these the supporters? No, I don't think so. They have human items. I recognize their clothing all too well. I rushed in front of them to get a look at their faces. There was a man in the middle, leading the others.

A white haired, dark skinned man. I knew this man. Peter talked about him every now and again. How he didn't like him. But to be fair, Peter didn't like anybody. If I remember correctly, this is Andrew. An assassin that works for Peter. A committed assassin too.

Andrew's eyes flicked around. "Do you feel that?"

A man behind him looked to one of his members. "Feel what?"

"As if someone's watching us."

I stiffened. No way he senses me here. Is he a superhuman or something?

"Maybe we should just stay on high alert," another member suggested.

Andrew grunted but shut his mouth, fixating his gaze to what lies in front of him. That's when I realized I had no idea where I was. My eyes glanced around the forest around me. I recognize this part of the forest. It's a little far from the shelter. I come here to hunt for good food for special occasions. They were near, and none of us knew.

What about Oliver? He's still not back at the shelter. He's out here, somewhere, and I have no way of warning him. Damn it!

There was a flash, and when I opened my eyes, I was in the tunnels of the shelter, at the emergency exits. Everyone was here. I heard a thud from behind me, and when I whipped around, there were two bodies, blood pouring out of their foreheads. Then, a bullet whisked past me and headed straight for Chris who was standing there in shock.

Emma had jumped to pull him away, but he was still hit, and fell unconscious.

"My name is Andrew, and I've come to kill you all," his voice echoed from the top of the ladder. That bastard. "I know you're there. There's no point in hiding... We've secured all the exits. You will all die here today."

There was a short moment of silence as all the children thought. "We have no intention of breaking the promise! We're about to make a new promise, by finding the Seven Walls!"

"Stop it!" I yelled, desperately. "Shut up, Emma! Don't say anything! Stop, stop, stop! You're going to end up killing yourself, please!"

"The Seven Walls?" Andrew asked. "So you're searching for the Seven Walls, eh? And you're already far enough to make a new promise?"

"That's right!" Thoma and Lannion yelled.