Chapter Nine

The following day I inside cleaning up and washing the dishes meanwhile, everybody else was outside, tending to the other duties.

Once I finished, I was heading outside when I saw Ray, Norman, and Emma going up the stairs.

"Hey," I said, walking up to them. "Isabella's outside, right?"

Ray opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out, so Norman answered for him. "I think she's in her office."

"Oh," with that I scurried up the stairs and headed for Isabella's office. I slammed the door open and Isabella looked at me a bit irritated.

"Could you be any louder, Y/N?" she sighed as she turned back to some papers on her desk.

"I'm finished with the chores," I said as I walked over to the desk, snatching a letter poking out from underneath the papers.

Isabella glared at me as I observed the letter.

"To: Sister Krone," I read aloud, raising my eyebrow. "What's this?"

She snatched the letter from my hand. "What has got you so energetic this morning?"

"What is it?" I repeated.

She sighed. "Grandma is disposing of Sister Krone."

"Finally. I'm just about done with her. When is she leaving?"

"Before lunch. She'll be gone by noon."

"So, got anything you want me to do around here?"

"Just go outside," she hissed.

I threw my hands up and walked outside the office, heading downstairs and going outside. The trio wasn't back out here yet. Guess they were having another conversation. My eyes went to Don and Gilda. They're still being left out?

Just a few minutes after I went outside, we were already heading back inside to set up lunch. I noticed Krone in a daze, she must be thinking about the children. I tapped her on the shoulder, bringing her back to reality.

"What are you thinking?" I asked her, lowering my voice as a grin came across my face.

"Nothing," she replied as she slapped my hand and started towards the door, stopping when she realized that I was following her. "Keep watch over the children here."

"But the older kids are there," I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and continued walking up the stairs. We reached the children's bedroom. "There's nothing here," she mumbled as she shuffled through the drawers.

As I was about to walk out in disappointment and boredom, I almost bumped into Phil who peeked through the door.