Chapter Thirty-Eight

"I met Barbara when I was at Lambda those two years," I explained. "I had seen Cislo around but I never had the chance to talk to him. Both he and Barbara are from a farm called Goodwill Ridge. And Vincent is also from Glory Bell. But just like how Grace Field has more than one farm, Vincent comes from a different farm. So I never met him either."

"The three of us obtained power from the vile experiments at Lambda," Cislo added. "And Y/N..."

"I got to observe their powers while I was there," I quickly said. Barbara glanced at me, confused. They all knew I had 'powers' too, but I didn't want anybody else to know. I probably should've made that clear.

Cislo continued, clarifying that he understood. "Every day was like hell. No, even 'hell' isn't a strong enough word. A bunch of children died or were killed. We were treated worse than objects. If the boss hadn't come, I wouldn't be alive. A 12-year-old kid looked like God to me at that moment. He and Y/N come up with the strategies. The four of us and Zazie carried them out."

"Five of you?" Ray muttered.

"That's it?" Emma shouted in disbelief.

Surprise, surprise. "Yup!" Cislo nodded. "As I said, we're amazing. Don't worry, their strategies are perfect. Our power and victory are absolute... I can't wait. I want to kill them all soon. Every time I kill a demon I feel better."

"Me too," Barbara agreed. "My anger dissipates when I kill them and eat their meat."

"Huh?" Emma stuttered. "Then could that meat be..."

"Haha! Look at them, they're freaked out," Cislo giggled.

"You guys have a bad habit of scaring people," I spat.

"Yeah, this is demon meat," Barbara explained. "This one is a staffer from the farm Y/N and I attacked the other day. It pisses me off that they keep eating us. I still remember everything. Their eyes, the pain, and suffering. Repeated every day. They're all the same. They're enemies. Just killing them isn't enough, That's right. The Ratri clan, the demons...They can all experience what we did."

I stiffened when she mentioned the Ratri clan. I hadn't told anyone but Norman, Zack, and Oliver that I was related to them. The thought of telling them didn't even cross my mind. I was terrified to tell them because I had no idea what they would do if they knew I was connected in some way to the people who tortured them in such creative ways.

Barbara stood on the coffee table and threw the bone, a crazed look drawn on her face. "What's that look?" she asked Emma. "You're not feeling sympathy for those demons, are you?"

"Barbara," I hissed.

"Why don't you look happy? Aren't you happy? You were raised as food, but you're not thinking that you don't want to kill demons, right? You said you wanted to talk to the boss. It better not be some disgusting talk about changing the plan."

She stepped on the demon bone, cracking the coffee table. "Hey, stop it. You're going to break the base."