Chapter Forty-Three

We ran into Oliver and Nigel. They informed us about the rest of the situation. When we gathered up and prepared to go to the imperial capital, we stumbled upon Emma, Ray, Norman, Gilda, Don, and the Lambda group.

"There were some demons at the base waiting to ambush us," Gillian quickly explained. "We forced one of them to talk. They're all being transferred right now. To the closest high-security top-class farm to be processed as food– to Grace Field house."

"What about Yuugo? And Lucas?" Emma asked, looking at me in worry.

"We don't know," I mumbled, looking down at the floor. And I'm not lying. "We haven't seen them." We still don't know if they're dead or alive.

"I see," Norman paused. "If it's Grace Field then it is under Yverk's jurisdiction. It's easier to hide the escapees from the other aristocrats and then offer them to the Queen."

Hayato perked up. "But that's not important right now, is it? There are 2,000 imperial soldiers!"

"Around half of the soldiers that were sent out on the mission," Vincent added.

"On our side, we have a bit over 10 people," Oliver said.

Gilda looked around. "Well, what can we do?"

"Let's go to Grace Field house," Emma simply said. "There's no reason to hesitate. Let's go save everyone."

"We know that," Ray murmured. "We're just trying to figure out how we'll do it."

"Do you have a plan?" Vincent asked.

"Nope," Emma replied.

Don laughed hesitantly. "There she goes again."

"But instead of thinking 'We can't do it, what now?' It's better thinking 'We can do it, so how do we go about it?'" she continued.

"It's going to be okay." It's going to be okay. "The four of us, Norman, Ray, Y/N, and I are together. And we have all of you guys. We've already changed the world." We've already changed the world. "Little old us, born in cages, changed the world this much. And we're just one step away. We're at the point of being just one step away. Two thousand imperial soldiers and the Ratri clan, that's nothing." Nothing. "We'll be able to pull this off. So we have to believe in ourselves and think of something." Believe.

In what?

"We've had plenty of regrets and failures along the way," Ray added. Regrets. Failures. "But we won't be able to figure out what to do if we're afraid of them."

As we started formulating our plan, Oliver pulled me aside.

"If this is happening, then we need to talk," he said.

I was going to say 'You need to talk' but I didn't want to ruin my only chance. So I just nodded.