Chapter Forty-Six

We returned to Grace Field. The place where it had all started. And the place where everything was going to end.

"Zack, Gillian!" I called out from the forest. He and Gillian were standing by watching Emma, Norman, Ray and all the other Grace Field kids reunite with their family.

"What is it, Y/N?" he asked, both of them coming up to me.

They were the only 'kids' to find out about the reward. So they should be the only ones to know out of the kids that the reward had changed. No one was going to die. They didn't have to be scared of losing their Lucas. "I have something to tell you and I need you to listen."

"You're scaring me, Y/N," Gillian laughed nervously.

I shook my head. "It's nothing to be nervous about. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for taking the promise with that reward but I fixed it."

"What do you mean you fixed it, Y/N?" Zack asked warily.

"Earlier today, I visited The One," I started. "I asked him if I could keep the same promise but change the reward and somehow he finally agreed. Yuugo and Lucas aren't going to die anymore...They're going to live. Everyone's going to live!"

Gillian's lips parted into a huge smile. "So what about the reward? What's that?"

I can't lie to them anymore. I don't want to lie anymore. I'm so tired of lying to everyone about everything. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "But I'm going to stay here. After all, I'm no cattle child. I can't go to the human world." I don't want to tell them that I'm going to lose my memory. I don't want to break them.

"No," he muttered. "You're lying. Stop lying, Y/N. Tell us the truth!" He grabbed my shoulders. "Tell us the truth! What was the reward? What is it?"

"Zack, stop it, you're hurting her!" Gillian yelled, slapping his hands away. "It's not the truth, is it Y/N?"

"I changed it," I whispered. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want anyone else to die anymore. I didn't want to lose any more people. I'm sorry, I know it's selfish of me but I don't care. I'm not changing the reward again. I won't go back. I'm sorry. Just please, accept this. Do this last thing for me."

Tears fell down her face and her hands shook as they wrapped around mine. "Okay," she whispered. I could barely hear her voice. "This last thing. For you. Zack?"

"I'll try," he mumbled, looking at the ground.

I pulled them in for a hug."I love both of you, so very much. Please live for me. And never forget me, okay? And make sure that Yuugo and Lucas live their lives together. I don't want them to grow apart after I'm gone. And make sure Oliver moves on. Make sure he's okay."

"We'll try, Y/N," Gillian whimpers, the tears finally coming through. "For you."