Chapter Forty-Nine

(new character- Renee)

I've heard so much about the palace. I've heard that it's messy and chaotic. There's always so much going on you can't ever find your toothbrush! I've also heard about the people living in the castle. The beautiful newfound Queen Mujika sleeps in the biggest bedroom. And General Sonju sometimes sleeps in the basement, where it's haunted. And I've heard that the new girl, the girl who lost her parents and was taken in by Queen Mujika sleeps in her princess bedroom! The girl came out of nowhere. A true mysterious and secretive Princess she is.

That's what all the girls at school say anyways. They make fun of the girl for being an orphan but if I'm being honest, I think the girl is cool.

She talks strangely and has very nice hair. Her eyes sparkle and she is always smiling and her voice is beautiful. But still, I sense some sadness lingering deep in her heart.

She's making a cake for her birthday. I find it sad that she's by herself. Queen Mujika is too busy to be doing things like this and General Sonju...well I haven't seen him around anywhere.

"Renee, have you seen the eggs?"

I perked up and looked around. "Are those the eggs over there?"

She twirled around and saw where my finger was pointing. "Oh yeah," she said. "Thanks."

"No problem, your highness," I replied before turning back to the dress. I was almost finished with it too. I had already finished the cape and it was barely dusk. In complete honesty, the girl was taking way longer at making food than I was.

"Are you almost done with that?" She asked as she whisked some eggs.

I nodded as I punctured through the dress and ripped off the excess thread. "I finished it. I even added that row of dark red as you had asked. And I hope you don't mind but I made the skirt part of the dress into a circle kind of skirt. I also made a few adjustments to the cape. Queen Mujika had mentioned that this was going to be clothing meant for the outside and combat so I added some fluff in the dress and the cape to keep you warm. I made the hood a little smaller so it wouldn't get in the way of your horns."

She wiped her hands on her clothing and came over to me. She took the cape and tried it on. "Woah, I thought the fluff would be annoying but it's so comfortable. Thank you! And um, what is a circle skirt?"

I hopped off the chair and twirled around. "Like my skirt. It opens up and it's flowy. You gave me a vibe. If you don't like it I could change it right now. I'm sure I'd have enough time considering how long you're taking with your food."

She giggled. "I love it. But could you help me make some food? I haven't cooked in a while. Normally the cooks make it but I had them kicked out for today. Now it's just me..."

I nodded. "I know how to cook lots of stuff. I eyeball a lot of stuff and everything turns out good. So I would say I'm a natural."

"I don't know what that means but sure," she laughs. She hands me a piece of clothing. "Here, an apron. Put it on so you don't get your clothes dirty."