Chapter Seven

I got up that morning and you could see it in my face. I was like a walking zombie. If the little ones saw me like this, they would be horrified. I got some eye drops, and by the time the children had woken up, I looked slightly better. The older kids would definitely notice. And right when I wanted to blackmail them, I turned up like this.

I begged Isabella for me to be in kitchen duty so I wouldn't have to deal with the babies this morning. Although I was quickly kicked out when I was knocking pans and silverware onto the floor. Instead I was just watching the children cook.

"Y/N," somebody whispered. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flipped around. It was Isabella. "Did you not get any sleep last night? Would you like to sleep for a little longer?"

I frantically shook my head. "If I sleep past 7, I get a headache."

She gave me an understanding look and headed for the dining room. Well she's off my back. For now. She'll be keeping a close eye on me.

I was wrong. Even with me being half-awake, she still sent me out to keep watch on the three kids. Guess my duties as a... back-up watchdog weren't done yet.

I swear, I'm going to get caught. And I don't exactly want to make my presence known right now when I can't think clearly. I'm going to say something stupid.

Ray revealed himself to Emma. Meaning that he confessed to being a traitor. Seems like he's really betraying Isabella this time. Guess now I'm her only reliable source of information now.

"So, you were covering up our mistakes, and were so against taking everyone that you had to maneuver behind our backs," Emma questioned.

"But don't worry," Ray said with a smirk. "Norman figured out I was the traitor and convinced me. This time I'll definitely help you, and escape with everyone."

How suspicious. Escape with everyone. Thought he was against it. I can't deal with this right now. I slumped down on the tree I was hidden behind and let out a small quiet sigh, closing my eyes.

I'm not going to sleep, I'm just going to close my eyes. That's all.

My eyes fluttered open. Shoot! I did fall asleep! I stumbled to my feet and whipped my head around, the trio was gone.

I jogged out of the forest as fast as my tired legs could go and I saw the trio playing with the other kids. They turned to me and their faces light up in worry. I've probably just revealed myself. I walked over to Isabella and fell to the ground, leaning against the wall.

"Tired?" she asked, looking down at me, holding a baby in her arms.

"Why did you make me go after them?" I snarled. "I've definitely been caught now."

"Well, unlike Ray, I trust you," Isabella replied, smiling widely. "Like you said, you have high clearance. I shouldn't worry about someone who was raised by Peter himself. Besides, if Peter chose you, then I have nothing to worry about, right?"

"Right," I said.

I spent most of my time in Isabella's office, sitting at the table. If I talked to anyone other than Isabella, I would definitely snap. It's been a while since I haven't gotten any sleep. It sure took a toll on me.