Chapter Fifty-Nine

(tpn group)

"I'm soo tired," Barbara groaned as she slumped on a tree. "Are we there yet?"

Ray sighed and rolled his eyes, pointing at a tall tower. "We're almost there. That's the tower of the Imperial Capital."

"You said that 20 minutes ago," she whined. "It doesn't look any closer."

"Stop being such a baby," Lucas sighed. "Just a little more, I swear and we're almost there."

"Guys!" Emma shouted from ahead. "Look, the gates are just down there– AH!"

"Emma!" Norman shouted, quickly running through the rows and rows of tall trees. Everybody else followed and they saw Emma sitting on the floor with a demon looming over her.

Yuugo quickly dragged her away and stared down the demon.

"You are the humans Queen Mujika assigned us to find," the demon explained hurriedly, pulling out a bag of herbs. "Please, apply these herbs onto your clothing, it will help cover your scent so you can enter the Capital without any risk of danger."

"Mujika sent you?" Emma pondered and turned to Norman, whispering in his ear. "Does that mean that Y/N told her already?"

"Could be," Norman agreed.

Zack stepped forward and took the satchel of herbs from the demon. "Thank you."

"Please, take your time," the demon bowed. "Queen Mujika is giving a speech so you may have to wait to talk to her."

"The Queen's giving a speech?" Gillian asked. "What's it about?"

"We are not sure," they replied.

"It may be important to listen in," Yuugo said. "We might be able to understand where Mujika stands. And see if she's the same Mujika you kids remember."

"Of course she is!" Emma reassured the man.

---

(sonju)

Mujika worries a lot. She always has even though I don't know why. She's perfect and everything she does turns out perfectly. In a few minutes, she's going to give her speech to the village that will be broadcasted around the world to all the other villages. She's recited and practiced countless times and it's stuck in my head now. She was supposed to give this speech months ago but she got so busy with getting used to being royalty and being in charge of so much, her speech kept on getting delayed over and over. Now that it's time, she's been panicking.

"Mujika, just relax. Everything is going to be okay."

"Okay? It has to go great. Great, Sonju."

I nudged her forward and opened the door. Before stepping out I whispered. "You're perfect."