Chapter Fifty-Eight

The realm of day and night is located past the Seven Walls. Mujika had entered the realm after facing a trial of her past.

"The Miracle Child. You have come for answers to your questions."

Mujika spun around and her eyes widened at the sight of the dragon and the Demon King. "Your Majesty," she whispered, bowing. "It is an honor to be in your presence."

"And yours, Queen Mujika. I suspect you've questions about Y/N?"

Mujika nods before standing up straight. "I would like to ask what the reward was for her."

"And what do you intend to do with this information?"

"I simply just wish to know."

"What do I get out of telling you this?"

"I am not sure, Your Majesty. We can talk if that is your wish."

The Demon King laughed. "I'm toying with you. And stop being so formal. We go way back, don't we? With your little human. Relax, Queen."

"May you answer the question? I am curious."

"Allow me to take you back."

She was about to ask The Demon King what he meant by that when suddenly she was standing next to Y/N.

"Hello," Y/N said, waving at The Demon King.

"You're back so quickly," he replied. "In case you're wondering, your family has not died."

Y/N shook her head. "I know they're not dead yet, and you know why I'm here to see you again. I want to change the reward. Keep the same promise but change the reward."

"I pick the reward, I thought that was made clear," he responded, pointing at himself.

"What if I become a demon?" the girl asked, ignoring him. "Or immortal. I could live forever and experience all sorts of deaths. I could mourn forever."

He laughed. "I'm not sure what I would get out of making you immortal."

"You could see me in pain all the time," Y/N shrugged. "Isn't that what you're into?"

"I suppose you could say I'm into that but it doesn't appeal to me. Is there anything else you have to offer or was that all?"

"I could be your human assistant? Or you could eat me, the next Ratri head. Imagine just how delicious I'll taste."