Chapter Forty-Eight

Eight Months Later - August 2nd, 2048

---

"Morning Miss Mujika!"

The 4'6ft tall demon turns to greet the girl from her desk. "Good morning Y/N. You're in an energetic mood early this morning. Did you sleep last night?"

Y/N let out a cheery giggle. "Nope, not at all. Today is my birthday! Don't you remember? I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was up tossing and turning all night."

"Ah," Mujika sighed, putting down her pen. "So that's what all that racket was."

"Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" the girl asked.

The Queen simply shook her head. "It didn't bother me, I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, but Sonju however...Maybe you should shy away from him for today."

"Aww," Y/N whined. "But he was supposed to take me into town today so I could buy ingredients for my cake."

"I'm sure you could find some ingredients somewhere around here," Mujika reassured Y/N. "Have you checked the garden?"

"Yeah but I haven't finished my allowance," whispered Y/N. "And I don't want to give my coins back to Sonju. Greedy bastards going to waste it on stuff for his spear."

Mujika laughed and rolled her eyes. "How about I go with you?"

Y/N lit up. "You'll really go with me? Aren't you too busy to be going out? Sonju told me that you're too busy to ever be going out shopping."

"That's what he thinks," Mujika said, pushing herself to her feet and clearing out her desk. "Are you set to go? I just need to clean up here and I'll be ready."

"Yep! I'm ready to go!" Y/N cheered.

"Would you like a flower crown?" Mujika asked, pulling a basket filled with different colored flower crowns. "Some children came over a couple of days ago and made a lot with me."

"Yeah, of course!" Y/N nodded, taking a red rose flower crown. It was the color of someone's eyes. The person was a little fuzzy in her memory.

"Well, let's go, my dear birthday girl," Mujika said, walking over to Y/N and linking arms with her.

"Wait!" Y/N suddenly shouted. "Give me a second and let me get my disguise. How could I forget that?"

"Don't forget to apply those scents I gave you!"

"I will!"

---

(y/n)

"Are you planning on making a feast for the entire palace or something, Y/N?" Mujika asked, eyeing the basket filled to the brim with all sorts of ingredients.

I laughed sheepishly. "Might as well." I glanced up at the sky. The Sun was right in the center of the sky, looking over everything. "It's getting late isn't it? We better get back to the castle soon so I have enough time to cook."

"Let me treat you to something," Mujika smiled, tugging on my arm and dragging me to see one of the stalls. It was showcasing some robes. "Pick anything you'd like. Let me pay for it."

"No, no, it's okay Mujika," I insisted. They did look stunning but I could make clothes for myself. I've just been too busy training with Sonju.

"Please, Y/N, let me," Mujika said. "So you could wear something new for your birthday. You deserve it. Sonju is always telling me how much you've improved since training has started."

"Are you sure?" I asked Mujika.

She nodded. "Don't worry about it."

I smiled and picked up a burgundy red hooded cape with a brown knee-length dress under it and a beautiful black pocket belt.

"Do you like that one?" Mujika said, inspecting it. "I'm not sure if it will fit but we can hire a seamstress to alter your clothing."

I nodded. "I'll take that one. It's pretty. And I like the burgundy red. I feel drawn to it."

Mujika smiled and turned to the stall owner. "I'll take this one. And do you know where we can find a seamstress?"

"My daughter is a seamstress," the demon replied. "She can work on the dress right now."

"Oh really?" Mujika asked, clasping her hands. "Can she finish the clothes by today?"

The demon nods. "She needs the girl's measurements however. I can give you our address, your Highness."

"If you don't mind," Mujika smiles. "You can just send her to the palace, we'll have everything she needs there."

"Oh, yeah, I'll let her know," the demon nods. "My daughter will have your dress finished by whatever time you need her to finish. I promise you, she's an amazing and quick seamstress."

"Thank you so much," Mujika bows before turning to me.

"Yes, thank you," I say, giving a little bow.

"Let's go, Y/N," says Mujika, linking her arm with mine as we start towards the palace.

---

a/n:

whats up everyone, we're back to daily updates :)

- EVERY WEDNESDAY AND SUNDAY

this chapter was rather short but we're easing back into the whole thing so I feel it's an okay way to start

this takes place eight months after the humans went to the Human World. It's obvious y/n stayed behind with Mujika & Sonju. 

i promise the chapters will get longer as we progress (each spans from 3-5 pages on my google doc, 1-2k words)

let me know if you have any ideas for the story, im open to ideas to help continue or to add on :)

thank you for reading and ilyssm

happy days <33

(883 words)

published: 05.06.23