Chapter Nineteen

"Hey," I heard someone say. I turned around and my eyes met with Oliver's.

"Oh, hi," I answered. He seemed nice enough when we had that talk on destroying Goldy Pond. Besides as long as it wasn't Lucas, I could care less on who I was with right now.

"Why are you here?" he asked me. He leaned over the railing.

"I didn't want to be there," I muttered in response.

"Does Lucas make you uncomfortable?" Oliver asked, embarrassed. "I guess his appearance is scary. But he's a nice caring person."

My hands tightened. "No...It's not that. The thing is. I come from Glory Bell too. Like Lucas. I knew him when I was a baby."

Oliver stiffened. His eyebrows furrowed.

"When I was two, 18 Glory Bell kids escaped," I started explaining. "I and a few other babies were left behind. I was the only baby taken and I grew up in a headquarters. I started mama training when I was 12 and eventually, I was put into Grace Field to look over the kids. That's when I met Emma and the other kids."

I'm pretty sure that's not what he was expecting me to say, because his expression said it all. I realized then and there that he probably doesn't know what half the stuff I said meant.

"You're not going to talk to him?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know how to feel, Oliver," I sighed. "Half of me feels happy to see him alive. But the other part of me is furious that he and Yuugo just forgot about me. It's like they never even cared about me at all."

"That's not true," Oliver shot, shaking his head. "He always talked about his family. Every single one of his siblings. All the memories he shared with them. He cherished and loved them to pieces. Especially you, Y/N. He always told us how he would give up his life just to go back for you. He would give up his life to make sure you were alive Y/N."

I felt tears form in my eyes. I bit my lower lip, trying to prevent the sobs trying to escape my lips. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Talk to him, Y/N. I promise it won't hurt."

I laughed and allowed my tears to fall down my cheeks. 

Once I had calmed down, Oliver and I went back to the room. The rest of the kids were there when Emma and Lucas came in. They filled us in on all the information they had learned. About the phone call from Minerva– or James Ratri better put. They also told us about the elevator back in Grace Field that could take us to the human world.

Honestly I'm not really surprised that William Minerva is James Ratri. Whenever I talked to Peter about family, he always brought up the immense hate he had towards his brother. I only asked him once, because that look he had in his eyes when he mentioned his brother. I couldn't recover. Yet again, I decided to keep my mouth shut on the information I knew. Half of it would be useless anyways.

"Phew," Emma sighed in relief when they finished explaining.

"What's up?" Violet asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Huh? Oh, I'm just relieved," she answered. "I was worried you all would be angry."