40 ~ Finale ~

Long chapter with smut, fluff, angst, and all your wildest dreams conjured up by my filthy mind. Enjoy.

"Sometimes I'm not sure why I even bother."

Siebren had stayed by your side in your room after the interrogation with Akande. Despite your feeling of relief after the talk, you couldn't help but feel guilty for yelling at Ramattra as you did a few hours ago.

To distract you from him, Siebren offered to show you his works on gravity with multiple formulas.

"Well, it's quite simple!" He exclaimed, smiling widely. "You see, this formula is connected to this graph, which shows-"

You shook your head, a chuckle escaping your lips. "I meant about Ramattra. Why do I bother showing him what he was? He's blinded by the truth — his truth — that is. About this... this urge to fight for his people as though every human on here is terrible. Am I supposed to believe he just changed like that?"

You snapped your fingers at the final word to clarify your point.

Sighing, your head rested in your hands. You didn't know what to do with him. You cared for him with all your heart but how did he change that fast? Was he programmed like that or was this just a ticket to get out of his crimes?

A gentle hand rested on your back as Siebren's voice quietly spoke.

"What does your heart tell you?"

You thought for a moment, biting your lip. Deep inside, you loved him. He always went out of his way to protect you and keep you safe. The way he'd murmur sweet things the moment you were in his arms, or the way he'd always ask if it was alright to touch you.

Silly, small things that could make your heart swell.

But those also showed your irritations shown earlier today. His protectiveness and possessiveness over you.

After everything that happened to you, you knew he'd want you safe, and you loved that but...how would that go on for the rest of your life together. Would he be a guard dog waiting to bite anyone that even touched you or would he let go eventually and know you're capable of being fine on your own?

But despite it all, you knew your answer.

"I love him; I do."

Siebren smiled down at you as he stood from your bed and wiped his whiteboard clean from all formulas and graphs.

"Then it is quite simple, he now knows the gravity of the situation and it is up to you to explain what you feel." He smiled again and nodded at your door.

"It is now or never. I'm certain he awaits you. You haven't alerted him of your departure from Akande."

Oh, shit.

"I... I forgot about that. I suppose I'll just tell him that right now." You scratched your head and stood up, hugging Siebren.

"Thank you, my friend."

He hugged you back, laughing. "Daar zijn vrienden voor!"

You laughed with him as you let go and walked to the door. "Yes, that is true."

The moment you walked out, you were greeted by the evening sun on your face. The large window in the hallway was always your favorite, especially at sun dawn. As you approached the window, you glanced down to see the gardens where a figure was sitting.

You felt your lips smile the moment you saw him. He sat silently, and from what you could see, he was reading a book.

Determined now to make things right, you left for the stairs and walked downstairs and out of the building. You felt nervous, and why?